PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

barry42001
Aug 7th 2009, 07:09 AM
Will be away from the computer for awhile. am undergoing endoscopic spinal surgery for 2 protruding disc, severe foraminal narrowing, and of course arthroisis( arthritis ). If all goes well, will be relatively pain free Sept 3 after the proceedure--something that hasn't happened for over 13 years. Kinda looking forward to it :D . Please wish me a bit of luck, and I will certianly let you know whats going on. With all thats been happening I haven't been able to pay as much attention to this site as I would have liked to, please bear with me.
Barry

G3farms
Aug 7th 2009, 07:47 AM
Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted and you will be in our thoughts for sure.

G3

Iddee
Aug 7th 2009, 08:59 AM
Ditto.....

Hobie
Aug 7th 2009, 10:57 AM
Definitely thinking about you... and hoping that soon a bee sting will be the most pain you may feel in a day!

Charles
Aug 7th 2009, 11:36 AM
You'll be in our thoughts, and wishes for a speedy recovery!

barry42001
Aug 8th 2009, 02:33 AM
Thank you all, and will as stated previously, keep you all posted. I will be leaving for the initial meeting Sept. 1, with actual surgery 9/3, follow-up on 4th then home after the meeting, they are saying will be walking immediately after surgery, and able to go to work immediately :o , excluding heavy lifting for 4 weeks there abouts. Might take a few weeks off just for saftey sakes but depends on how I am feeling, not wishing to over do it. :D
again thank you.
Barry

barry42001
Aug 30th 2009, 10:58 AM
last time I will be online till after the operation. let you all know how it goes within a few weeks of the operation again thanks for your well wishes :D

BjornBee
Aug 30th 2009, 12:44 PM
I was not payiong attention to this thread. Sorry I missed it earlier. Good luck! I look forward to having you back.

G3farms
Aug 31st 2009, 05:29 AM
Good luck Barry and hope everything goes great for you, and a speedy recovery.

G3

G3farms
Sep 25th 2009, 08:08 AM
Has anybody heard from Barry??

Just wondering how he was doing since it has been a couple of weeks after his surgury.

G3

BjornBee
Sep 25th 2009, 08:08 PM
He's probably in la-la land....pink elephants and big fluffy clouds..... :guitarplayer:

barry42001
Sep 26th 2009, 04:36 PM
Hello all,
Am back and mostly pain free, still have to take it easy a bit, actually had to drill a hole through the facet joint to reach the impinged nerve root, and was given 6 weeks off to allow the 3/8 inch hole to heal through that hole they placed a camera, a drill, a tool to remove disc matter, a dremel tool of sorts and then out and 2 stitches ( dissolving ) and a band aid and was walking within 3 hours of the surgery. they had to drill as the disc space was too small even for those tools. Amazing, I am a believer, and glad to be back. Still can't sit too long but walking is NO issues. :)
Barry

G3farms
Sep 26th 2009, 06:34 PM
BARRY..............glad to see you back on the forum. Sounds like all went well and hope a very speedy recovery.

So are you wearing the big back brace that looks like armor on the front and back?

G3

Iddee
Sep 26th 2009, 07:21 PM
:Dancing: :yahoo: :hi: :drinks: :goodpost:

Great news.......

Charles
Sep 26th 2009, 08:22 PM
Barry, glad to hear it all went well! :yahoo: don't push it too hard, let yourself heal for sure :drinks:

BjornBee
Sep 26th 2009, 08:40 PM
Glad to hear it went well.
You still have time to get your bees ready for winter......oh, that's right....your in Florida! :Dancing:

barry42001
Oct 16th 2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah BjornBee--already have them in their winter jacket and wooly underwear lol--back to work, minor pain nothing compared to previously- as for relaxing--I am perhaps the worlds worst patient with little patience but have to re-educate myself on body mechanics and not to muscle everything just to be fast. G3Farms no body armor--not even a band-aid after the 1st week.