PDA

View Full Version : Who moved the hive??

SlickMick
Aug 11th 2009, 05:57 AM
Late yesterday afternoon I moved the last of 4 hives onto a new stand about 7 yards from where they were previously located. I stuffed a handful of grass into the entrance and waited until it was almost dark when I checked for late comers of which there were several hundred bearding on the stand where the hive stood.

So I scraped them onto a lid and shook them into the super on their hive. Wow, they could not believe they were home. This morning the usual confusion prevailed after they let themselves out and all day there were a hundred or so flying around looking for their hive... "Now I am sure it was here a few minutes ago" :roll:

Late this afternoon I thought I would check to see if they were bearding again but no!

A few of the girls still flew in confused circles but the boys! Dozens of them were there looking everywhere.

"Hey Bill, have you seen the hive?"

"No Jack but I'm still looking... why dont you ask Fred, he usually knows where everything is kept around here" :lol: :lol:

It's now 10.00pm. I wonder if they have managed to find it yet

Mick

G3farms
Aug 11th 2009, 06:15 AM
you know guys will never stop to ask for directions, it's a pride thing. Do you ask your wife for directions, me neither.

G3

Hobie
Aug 11th 2009, 06:18 AM
It's universal! The women are the only ones who know where anything is! :D

BjornBee
Aug 11th 2009, 06:25 AM
Well think about it.
A guy leaves after getting all dandered up for the big event, then is left with nothing but his dreams of another day as he slowly gets old after missing out on the selection process. It's worse than being last in the "Red rover, red rover....send that last loser over!". He flies until dead tired, then comes home to find that he is not only perhaps not welcome, but the crazy ladies even moved the hive. Enough to drive any man crazy! :?

beehandler
Aug 11th 2009, 08:01 AM
sounds kinda like a divorce, dont it ?