PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rods

Charles
Sep 7th 2009, 06:56 PM
Post 'em if you have 'em

Here's mine, sorry for the lousy picture, I robbed the battery out of it when I was working on the tractor 8-) I'll get better pics later:

351W with 375-400 hp
small block c6 with redline clutches, shift kit, and E40D first gear.
9 in limited slip with 3.90 gears

Running 14 second 1/4 at 5500 ft

rast
Sep 10th 2009, 06:35 PM
Nice hotrod, but I'm more impressed with the clean shop area.

Charles
Sep 11th 2009, 04:48 PM
Thank's rast, must be sarcasm though, I was almost embarrassed to take the picture with that dirty floor (I love my garage!) :lol:

Mama Beek
Oct 27th 2009, 07:30 PM
oh boy!!! I love it. I think my dh would stop speaking to me for awhile if I had one though..... he hates it when I can out run him

Before we started dating i had a '70 Buick GS stage 1 in perfect condition.... loved the 1/4 and turned low 13's without trying too hard. I miss that car!!! :cry:

Charles
Oct 27th 2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks Mama Beek!

One of my best friends growing up had a Skylark GS with a 350, that car was fast! We also had a guy in our group that had a 69 chevelle ss 396, we blew the 396 up and put in a LS6 454, to this day that was the fastest car I've ever driven...it was rock solid and in the low 9 seconds for the quarter.

Almost died in that car twice ;) what I got from that is don't give your 17 year old a 500+ hp car as a daily driver!

Mama Beek
Oct 29th 2009, 12:49 AM
I grew up driving hot rods, pick-up trucks, and 4 wheel drives... my daddy was a crazy man for sure, he was at least smart enough to make sure that him and my step mom could both out run me anytime they felt the need to catch me.

I love the old Chevelles, especially '69 & '70, never had any luck at all keeping a 396 running for long though (daddy kept saying "girlie, big block doesn't mean unbreakable")....somehow the 327 always lasted me longer, it just wasn't fast enough.

The old Nova was a great car too, I had a '68, traded it for a '64 deuce, then decided I wanted the '72 with a sweet 454 and liked it best.

I had a '70 Skylark with a 350 and ran it hard every weekend, it was the smoothest riding car I ever drove until I got my GS. I just loved that GS, apollo white with black trim and pearl metal flake so under the street lights it looked like purple glitter! The 455 in that car was the fastest, smoothest running thing EVER....that was my last hot rod. The only thing I ever raced that never felt like I was racing until the other car was way off in the rear view.

I think maybe when all my kids are grown up and on their own I'll get a pretty little '70 camaro or another GS and wait for my honey pie to get himself another one of his beloved 'cudas and we'll go race.

Charles
Oct 29th 2009, 07:31 PM
I think maybe when all my kids are grown up and on their own I'll get a pretty little '70 camaro or another GS and wait for my honey pie to get himself another one of his beloved 'cudas and we'll go race.

That's the best "what to do when the kids grow up" plan I've ever heard :thumbsup:

My oldest is getting to that age and I've got a fresh set of brodix alum racing heads for that cougar that have just been sitting on the shelf for a couple years. I see a new project on the horizon :-)

Walt B
Dec 9th 2009, 02:01 PM
Charles,

Is your new avatar a recently painted cougar?

Walt

Charles
Dec 9th 2009, 05:03 PM
Good eye Walt, it's a 70 eliminator :-) not mine though. I robbed the avatar off the internet. I like the 70 grill better than my 69. I've worked on a lot of those 70's and even though they look great, the way the hood comes down in the middle has scarred the back of many heads including mine :-)