PDA

View Full Version : First deer of the season

Iddee
Oct 8th 2009, 07:54 PM
Friend called and gave me a young doe. She's all packed in ice and waiting to be packed away.

G3farms
Oct 9th 2009, 05:48 AM
so whats for supper, tenderloin?

G3

Iddee
Oct 9th 2009, 06:11 AM
Salisbury steak

sqkcrk
Oct 9th 2009, 08:20 AM
Deer season already in NC? In SC, I think it runs from Thanksgiving until Jan. 1st. But somehow that doesn't seem long enough.

How much did she weigh?

Iddee
Oct 9th 2009, 10:05 AM
Our season.......

Bow and Arrow: Sept. 13 Nov. 7
Muzzleloading: Nov. 8 14
Gun: Nov. 15 Jan. 1

She was just a small one. Maybe 100 lb.

Charles
Oct 10th 2009, 07:38 PM
Friend of mine at work and his dad got 1 each last week with bows, nice size. He's supposed to bring me some jerky :-)

Iddee
Oct 10th 2009, 07:46 PM
I put the meat in the marinade tonight to make jerky tomorrow, just before I answered the phone. It was a call to come pick up another two hams and two shoulders. They kept the loins and ribs from this one.

Charles
Oct 10th 2009, 07:48 PM
Nice friends to have :drinks:

BjornBee
Oct 11th 2009, 05:05 AM
idee, let me know the cost of shipping. The address is on the website. I like jerky and sticks.

Signed....Your friend....BjornBee...... :thumbsup:

asprince
Oct 11th 2009, 04:55 PM
I love venison. Cubed and country fried with gravy is my favorite. A roast in the crock pot with taters and carrots ain't bad either! In my younger days, I have killed hundreds of deer. I kept my relatives freezers full of meat. (deer and hogs) Now days they seem to be further and further from the truck.

Steve

Iddee
Oct 12th 2009, 06:28 PM
BJ, the shop or house address??? For UPS?

What are sticks? I use only the backstrap for jerky.

BjornBee
Oct 12th 2009, 08:55 PM
iddee,
If your serious, use the home address (lewisberry) and send what ever is easy for you.

We call sticks, the "slim Jim" type round beef jerky product.

Thank you,
BjornBee

Iddee
Oct 12th 2009, 09:05 PM
Watch for it. I decided to just send you a couple of live rattlesnakes and my jerky recipe. The meat will be fresher that way. :thumbsup:

Charles
Oct 13th 2009, 01:29 PM
Watch for it. I decided to just send you a couple of live rattlesnakes and my jerky recipe. The meat will be fresher that way. :thumbsup:

:rolling:

G3farms
Oct 13th 2009, 05:23 PM
I love it, a do it yourself jerky kit. Wonder how many you can sell for Christmas presents. :mrgreen:

G3

Iddee
Oct 14th 2009, 03:13 PM
I won't get to see his face when he opens it, but I bet I can hear him from PA. to NC. Just so all can know when to hold your ears, here is the UPS tracking number.

I'm betting even Charles in Colo. will be able to hear him. :twisted: :yahoo:

1ZX343100350005520

Charles
Oct 14th 2009, 04:26 PM
I'll keep an ear out the yelling :ranting:

BjornBee
Oct 16th 2009, 05:14 PM
Iddee,

:yahoo:

My O' My! Words can not describe the package I got! :thumbsup:

The jerky is wonderful.

But why the huge box? And what is up with that wooden box you wrapped the jerky in?

Well.....Oh I see now......It's a swarm bee vac box! :clap:

Iddee....you have outdone yourself this time. Mere words just seem not enough to say thank you. This was a very huge surprise. Many things will be forgotten as I go through my lifetime. I do not think this will be one of them. I really appreciate your efforts and generosity.

Thank you very much!

Mike.

PS...May you get a really nice early Christmas present this year. ;) Afterall, you have been very good!