PDA

View Full Version : This Dang Tractor

Charles
Oct 27th 2009, 12:03 PM
Boy this old ford will be the death of me, went out today and found chloride seeping through a crack in one of the back tires. I knew the stems were getting rusty and expected to replace the valve stems but my guess is the tube is ripped on that one...Not sure how that happens though.

Going to be a job too, full set of pie weights on the back, chloride filled so very heavy :-(

Any advice besides don't get dead appreciated ;-)

G3farms
Oct 27th 2009, 12:17 PM
Pull the pie weights off of course.

I don't know if you have anything to load it onto a trailer or the back of the truck with but here is what us poor folks did. Dad and me would put the boom pole on the tractor and then block up the axel, remove the wheel and roll it around to the boom pole, chain it up, start the tractor and raise it up high enough to back the truck under it, just high enough to overcome the center of gravity. The co-op here will pump out any calcium chloride and save it to pump back in. Now days they use alcohol instead of salt to help save the rims. It was all a balancing act, and very dangerous.

Good luck with it, be careful and don't get dead.

G3

G3farms
Oct 27th 2009, 12:19 PM
AAHHH........if I had your money I would just park it in the fence row and go buy one of those new shiney green tractors :lol:

G3

Iddee
Oct 27th 2009, 12:25 PM
We have a business here that will empty it, change it, refill it, for 50.00 plus tube cost.

If you don't have one, I have no solution for you. Just be careful.

Charles
Oct 27th 2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks, I figured as much. Don't know of any tire service around here but I'll ask around...

Those shiny new green ones are awfully nice lookin and work well too! Now, convincing the boss she needs one is the hard part! :confused:

Charles
Oct 27th 2009, 10:33 PM
AAHHH........if I had your money I would just park it in the fence row and go buy one of those new shiney green tractors :lol:

G3

Spent all evening looking for those dineros, please tell me where they be :beg:

Hobie
Oct 28th 2009, 07:03 AM
I dunno, kind of sounds like the next reality show to me... "This Dang Tractor."

Bitty Bee
Oct 28th 2009, 08:56 PM
Haha, y'all are funny! I don't know a thing about tractors but I shore do like to dream about them "shiny green ones"! Mr. Charles, maybe if your tractor 'accidentally' caught fire your 'boss' would consider gettin' a new one! :rotfl:

XLB
Oct 28th 2009, 10:10 PM
Baby beek! don't be trying to steal other peoples tractors now :lol:

Mama Beek
Oct 28th 2009, 11:56 PM
You could always tell your boss you would be so much sweeter and more productive with newer, more efficient equipment.... works on me everytime. Not that I'm bossy or anything..... ;)

G3farms
Oct 29th 2009, 06:00 PM
I guess I poked fun too quick huh Charles

but it is only flat on the bottom :lol:

G3

Charles
Oct 29th 2009, 06:20 PM
Haha, the boss say's hmmm couple hundred for new tubes or 25,000 for a new everything hmmm :queen:

Guess I better get some new tubes :lol:

G3, just keep on the throttle you'll get past that flat spot :rolling: