PDA

View Full Version : red has left the building

dogsoldier13
Dec 18th 2009, 11:04 AM
redcrane has left the building,and man did he have a smile on his face,it was a good meeting and thanks to old devil dog soldiers like red,we can be free,or what the rest of the world calls free,all of us at times dont have the freedom feeling,but compared to the rest of the world,we have it pretty good. thanks redcrane.....for everything! :thumbsup:

G3farms
Dec 18th 2009, 11:23 AM
That sounds great! A couple of forum members getting to meet up with each other and making a good deal on some equipment.

Don't be a stranger on here you can still come around.

G3

BjornBee
Dec 18th 2009, 11:44 AM
But has the fat lady sung yet.... :D

Best to you.... :thumbsup:

dogsoldier13
Dec 18th 2009, 04:54 PM
thanks guys,the doctor tells me i have about 5 years left,and medical bills are climbing.the bees were taking up too many green stamps,i still have a good trigger finger and hunting is fun.

Iddee
Dec 18th 2009, 05:32 PM
The docs told my dad he had one year left sometime before I was born. I took leave from the Army when he died. Don't put too much faith in their predictions. They were probably weathermen before becoming doctors.

G3farms
Dec 18th 2009, 05:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad health, you will be in my thoughts and prayers, keep up the good spirits.

G3

Redcrane
Dec 18th 2009, 05:43 PM
It was a real pleasure to meet Dogsoldier & his son Joseph. I went up there expecting to pick up a few supers 2 veils & a few other small items. The man loaded me up! When I left The back seat as well as the bed of my truck were full.. I cant thank him enouth. I also got to look at some fine guns & the coffee wasn't bad either. Thanks again dogsoldier.

tecumseh
Dec 19th 2009, 07:39 AM
I am also sorry to hear of you bad health. I guess the upside would be that 5 years gives you a good deal of time to straighten and place in order a lot of things.

my father passed away some 9 years ago in a VA hospital in Shreveport, La at the age of 84.... army ranger during the big war. He had been informed by a hospital full of doctors that he only had one or two years to live back in the late 1950's (all service related stuff associated with long patrol thru freezing arctic water and over administration of sulfa drug). anyway the way it worked out he outlived all the doctors and sadly enough all his friends.

and during this season of renewal... merry chistmas.

dogsoldier13
Dec 19th 2009, 10:54 AM
this is all encouraging,i dont sit around waiting to die,the quality of life is deminishing,but i have alot of good support from my family and im not ready to die,ill be on here from time to time,i havent given up on bees yet,i think before i go my daughter and son may be wanting some bees. there are alot of things i can do for them.my old man was also in a v.a. hospital when he passed.he was in the 99th infantry,old soldiers know about these men they called battle babies,also called the checker board hellians,the 99th was at the "bulge",my mother was in nam as well as my brother,i served during peace time,so when i say my momma wore combat boots,you can believe it,we love every body on here,ill be back soon.

Walt B
Dec 19th 2009, 03:36 PM
God Bless!

barry42001
Dec 20th 2009, 12:18 PM
I never liked to say good bye--always till we meet again, and we will meet again in some form or another. With regards to your health conditions--never believe that you can't do something because it seems like you can't--becomes self fulfilling never turn down a challenge, I say this as a person that has had issues that I had to deal with, and overcame--you can as well %80 of and problem is mental--%20 physical--get your mind right and you'll do o.k. Never truer words spoken--if you don't use you will surely lose it this applies to all physical activities simple concept--mind over matter--I don't mind--it don't matter get well and forget the doctors opinion--because that is what it is a opinion nothing is written until it actually happens then they appear to be geniuses how many times were they wrong and suddenly they looked like dumb- well not smart. Get better, God Bless, and I will offer prayers for you, and all you need to do is stress less, and think right .
Barry :drinks: