PDA

View Full Version : New Years resolutions

BjornBee
Dec 29th 2009, 05:55 AM
Not that I'm a big fan or believer of such things as waiting for New Years to "better" one's self, as that should be a constant thing. But the kids are now pointing out ways they hear about in losing weight. They seen a tv ad about drinking "smoothies", and since they know I like to eat, they thought that eating and losing weight would be a great thing for me. They bought into the marketing hook and sinker! Of course they are 6 and the twins are 4.

I have realized that I'll be the old guy on the sidelines watching my kids play whatever they decide to play. But that does not mean I need to be the "old and fat guy".. :lol:

So this coming year, I would like.....ummmm....I WILL lose 50 pounds! :thumbsup:

Anyone else have a New Years resolution?

Walt B
Dec 29th 2009, 06:07 AM
I have a question: "If you resolve to not make any New Year's resolutions, have you just broken your New Year's resolution?" :dash1:

Walt

srvfantexasflood
Dec 29th 2009, 06:08 AM
You go, Bjorn!

rast
Dec 30th 2009, 06:34 AM
I don't make em.

Mama Beek
Dec 30th 2009, 07:56 AM
I made resolutions when I was younger that never lasted more than a week or so. I don't make them now, but it's always good to set goals and a time line to measure progress so I reckon New Years is as good a time as any to start.

Good luck on the weight loss. You can make some awesome smoothies that are so good for you very easily. We get thoroughly addicted to smoothies in warmer weather. We put spinach or kale and carrots and yogurt and banana and strawberries and blueberries and honey and flax seed and wheat germ in them.

Hobie
Dec 30th 2009, 02:03 PM
I always resolve to do something I have never done before.

One year, this was "get laid off from work." Not exactly what I had intended.

Omie
Dec 30th 2009, 05:55 PM
I resolve to one way or another have at least two healthy active hives going into next Fall.
Somehow I will make this happen. :oldtimer:

BjornBee
Dec 30th 2009, 06:02 PM
I resolve to one way or another have at least two healthy active hives going into next Fall.
Somehow I will make this happen. :oldtimer:

So your going to build up to 6 hives this year right..... :rolling:

Sorry, it's a slow night.... :hi: