PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning!

beekeeperhelper
Jan 21st 2010, 03:36 PM
I was out weeding flower beds today, and found a paperwhite in bloom! The daffodils and jonquils are in fat bud, and there is a rosette of greenery around the bottom of our Mexican tarragon. The poppies are up, and a bunch of baby Peruvian Rock Roses are clustered around the mama plant.
It's beginning--spring is on the way! Gosh, I love living in Texas!

G3farms
Jan 21st 2010, 04:57 PM
It will not be long then.

I weed the flowers around here with the lawn mower and weed eater :shock: :lol: :lol:

G3

Bitty Bee
Jan 21st 2010, 06:00 PM
I'm so excited for you beekeeperhelper! :yahoo:
I can't wait till we spring arrives here! We still have about a month and a half to go.
However, our family is preparing to expand our gardens! we have 2 new strawberry beds halfway built and I finally got the yard almost completely cleared of leaves. (It only took 3 days to rake 1.5 acres and I only got one blister this time!) :thumbsup:
mama and xlb got the garden all cleaned up and all we have to do there now is till in some compost and plant seeds.( we should already have peas in, but didn't get to it before it started raining :( )

Mama Beek
Jan 21st 2010, 07:18 PM
I got my flower beds cleaned up and looking pretty, they just need some compost and mulch. My irises are peeking up pretty greenery and the jonquils are sending up their first bit of green. My grape hyacinths are all greened out too! Now if can just get Baby Beek's hollyhocks to grow out here I'll be flat out tickled.

The only thing that would make it better is for me to figure out how to do all of the raking and cleaning and shoveling and so on without getting a back ache.

Omie
Jan 21st 2010, 07:47 PM
Still got about 4 inches of snow on the ground here. Highs in the 30's every day. :shock:

Hobie
Jan 22nd 2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah, Omie, we're a bit "Latitude-challenged" here! Except for my crazy snowdrops that bloom in Feb., I won't see anything until mid-April.

Omie
Jan 22nd 2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, Omie, we're a bit "Latitude-challenged" here! Except for my crazy snowdrops that bloom in Feb., I won't see anything until mid-April.

Usually around april 1st I see a few crocuses blooming through the snow. :roll:

cow pollinater
Jan 22nd 2010, 04:04 PM
My first daffodils are ready to pop and I have one low-chill peach that is thinking about it.

srvfantexasflood
Jan 23rd 2010, 05:07 AM
I need to go check my Hellebores. They are probably in bloom. The last time I looked, I could only see the tops of the plants. The past week has brought milder weather and the snow has melted enough that we can see most the yard! Today is supposed to rainy and in the 50's.