PDA

View Full Version : organic=beeman

fatbeeman
Jan 28th 2010, 08:32 AM
hello
I hope I can be of some help to new beekeepers. I am just joining here to see if we can share ideas.
Don

Omie
Jan 28th 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Don, I enjoyed talking with you the other day while ordering my Spring bees from you. As a new beekeeper, I appreciated that you spent so much time sharing some of your experience with me. I like the way you think and I look forward to getting my bees. :)
(Omie/Lisa in NY)

tecumseh
Jan 28th 2010, 10:05 AM
you certainly have in the past Don. your shb lure/trap video was quite interesting. maybe perhaps not totally organic (always a shaded term for me anyway)?

I didn't have so much a problem with shb here last year (too hot and dry) so I didn't employ your idea myself, but I did pass your information along to others who informed me that it was effective. this year I suspect I will need too give it a try myself likely in some small queen rearing nucs.

I would suggest anyone that has had a shb problem in the past (the florida crowd comes to mind) should consider looking at fatbeeman's shb lure/trap video.

anyway glad to see you here Don.

Mama Beek
Jan 28th 2010, 10:37 AM
I agree with ya on that shb trap video tec! Iddee told me and the kids about it because we were having such a terrible time with those evil little critters and then we stumbled across the video on youtube....it's a great idea and it's so easy to put into use too!

fatbeeman
Jan 28th 2010, 05:33 PM
thanks for the welcome to the forum.
Don

riverrat
Jun 13th 2010, 10:44 PM
hey don welcome to the forum. I seen you was looking for someone to join in on your operation to help you. Was you able to find someone. Wish I was closer I would be interested.

Omie
Jul 27th 2010, 11:34 AM
Just wanted to say that the two nucs of bees I got from you this Spring, Don, are doing GREAT here in New York.
Very healthy and happy bees, filled two deeps each, lots of great brood and very gentle. I'm a happy beekeeper!

Bens-Bees
Aug 7th 2010, 02:43 AM
Hey fatbeeman, are you going organic?? I've seen some of your vids on corrugated SHB traps... which has me curious, is boric acid organic by certification standards? Or are you moving away from that type of shb ipm?

fatbeeman
Jan 5th 2011, 08:49 PM
I have been doing chem free since 1989
Don

:goodpost: :drinks:

JPthebeeman
Jan 5th 2011, 10:23 PM
Hello Don, how are you feeling these days? Its been a long time since we spoke.

...JP

G3farms
Jan 6th 2011, 08:20 AM
Don can you tell us of how you deal with pest while going chem free?

I also use no chemicals and use beetle blasters and SBB, hives in 95% full sun so far so good.

fatbeeman
Jan 6th 2011, 01:07 PM
I am doing ok still work full days.
and for G3 farms I try not treating hives here but as you know this is a learning yard so I teach several methods.and let the individual decide no what way to treat. my methods are chem free all natural.
Don