PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl Sunday

BjornBee
Feb 7th 2010, 06:31 AM
So what do you say? Who is going to win, and what is your final score?

Mine....Colts 34 -27 :thumbsup:

Hobie
Feb 7th 2010, 07:27 AM
To be honest, until yesterday, I didn't even know who was playing...!

alleyyooper
Feb 7th 2010, 08:26 AM
Got better things to do than think about or watch a bunch of over paid primadonas who think they are above the law.

:mrgreen: Al

BjornBee
Feb 7th 2010, 09:14 AM
Got better things to do than think about or watch a bunch of over paid primadonas who think they are above the law.

Interesting Al. Although I always expect a few "I could care less" from those who probably never played sports, you added a twist this time.

I would venture to say if the average person was followed and scrutinized by the media, the way sport personalities are, we would see a booming crime rate. I think for every dog fighting football player, there are just as many in the average public doing the same on a percentage basis. Not into dogs you say? Too "black"?? Then lets just keep it to rooster fighting. :lol:

I bet for every sports athlete wife beater...there are just as many on average in the general public.

I bet for every athlete tax cheat....there are just as many from the average blue collar hard working stiff, who happens to cheat a bit on the amount given in the church plate, or for that income that goes unreported. ;)

Yes sir! I bet if most who say about criminals in sports, were actually followed 24 hours a day, and their personal lives looked at closely, many things would come to light. Maybe we should be glad they take the "spotlight" of the average person... :thumbsup:

As for being overpaid, I agree. I say that about movie stars as well as many other people. But just as I do not pay $14 to see a movie, I do not buy NFL gear to walk around in. But if someone has that movie to watch and I can borrow it for free, then I'll watch it. And I'll watch that "free" game on tonight with my son and family, since I already have cable. It's more about the social aspect and the good times with friends and family, regardless of whether I'll be actually watching the game. You should try it... :thumbsup: I've attended weddings for people I could care less about (wife's co-workers, etc.) and somehow still seemed to have a good time at the reception, although that "open bar" may of been in play. Come Monday morning, my life will not change regardless of who wins. But I can still manage to have a good time through it all.

As for the "primadonas", I'd say most folks who could grab a job making 10 million a year, would slowly adjust to a lifestyle envied by others, and called far worse than that..... ;) Although for me, I bet I could still hold a gatorade bottle up to my mouth and squeeze at the same time.... :lol:

Charles
Feb 7th 2010, 09:52 AM
We'll be tuned in, I'm secretly rooting for the Saints but I'm going to say Colts 31-14. Experience is on the Colts side for sure....

I would venture to say if the average person was followed and scrutinized by the media, the way sport personalities are, we would see a booming crime rate.

Sadly, this is so true. Personally, I think celebrities should get twice the punishment for any particular crime, call it the the price of fame. But that ain't going to happen!

wfuavenger
Feb 7th 2010, 10:59 AM
I don't really care who wins, I watch every year for the commercials.....

sqkcrk
Feb 7th 2010, 12:10 PM
I like the way N 'olins is really putting on their pregame celebration in the way that only they can do. GO SAINTS!! If the Colts win, that's okay w/ me too. No score prediction from me.

alleyyooper
Feb 8th 2010, 08:17 AM
All you have to do is watch the nightly and morning news to know your right about the Joe and Jane Blow doing all the things the sports persons are doing and some even getting caught and doing time.
It stands to reason as there are many more of the Joe/Jane blows out there, who are weak people.
Problem Joe/Jane Blow have is they don't make millions to hire the best lawyers and spend no time in jail or a small amount of time in jail. Also Joe/Jane Blow are not on TV where young people worship them. For the money they earn it seems to me they could refrain and set better examples.
We should add polititions to the list who are over paid and think they are above the laws too.

srvfantexasflood
Feb 8th 2010, 10:28 AM
Didn't watch, but heard a local radio broadcast talk about the advertisements. I learned that if you go to Dockers.com you can enter to win a free pair of Dockers. I went and entered the Dockers wearer in the family. Didn't win, but you can enter everyday until 2/15. All you men check it out!

sqkcrk
Feb 8th 2010, 04:18 PM
An exciting game. I thought that the palcekicker should have gotten the most valuable player award. If he had missed his field goals, then The Saints wouldn't have had a chance. Boy are those QBs accurate.

Charles
Feb 8th 2010, 08:11 PM
Agreed, it was a great game. I was hoping to see better commercials though, there were only a couple that I really liked...

tecumseh
Feb 9th 2010, 06:22 AM
bjorn writes:
So what do you say

tecumseh:
bein' my mama is from Louisiana I guess the appropriate response is who dat!

does anyone besides myself remember that old clip from the scary house scene in The Little Rascals? <a reference to the original who dat!

by in large my attention to anything football related is about the same as Al and just to fracture Bjorn image I played football, basketball and ran the mile in high school.

it does seem to me that some athletes and almost all 'private school' reared business executives think they are worth a lot more than I think they are worth.

BjornBee
Feb 11th 2010, 06:26 AM
It would only be natural for millionaire athletes to think they are worth more than the "value" given to them by the average joe on the street that played sports eons ago.

Charles
Feb 11th 2010, 03:16 PM
It would only be natural for millionaire athletes to think they are worth more than the "value" given to them by the average joe on the street that played sports eons ago.

Sometimes they let their "value" get in the way of good judgement, case in point here in Denver with Cutler. He thought a little more of himself than did the couching staff...good luck in Chicago :-)

I know, not quite the same but close ;-)

G3farms
Feb 11th 2010, 04:14 PM
Same here with UT, I can't believe some of the kids with a full ride scholarship and they blow it. :roll:

We won't even get started on Lame Quitfin ;)

G3

XLB
Feb 11th 2010, 07:28 PM
i personally don't care for professional football, to me it's just a bunch of fellas who don't want to grow up running around in spandex and struttin like roosters. :shock:

every once in a while though, high school or college football is fun to watch. it seems to me they don't really care about the million dollar pay check at the end of the game, they just want to play and have fun.

by the way, i had way more fun at church that night than i would ever have sittin in front of the TV. ;)

my $0.02.

barry42001
Feb 13th 2010, 05:22 AM
This match up should have been good, but was not impressed, Saints were good, and glad they won, but to my mind the " real " super bowl was two weeks earlier in the Vikings, Saints, playoff game--that was a game--everything you would expect and alot more consider the real beating that a 40+ year man took and like the energizer rabbit --kept going and going--and should have won--but even had he won, doubt seriously he would have been able to play in super bowl not enough time to heal.