PDA

View Full Version : March 31, 1968

Iddee
Mar 31st 2010, 06:39 AM
My queen bee took her flight, and I still have the certificate to prove it. 42 years and still hanging on. I guess she trained me well.

brooksbeefarm
Mar 31st 2010, 07:44 AM
Congratulations, mine will have the honor of staying in my hive for 51yrs. June 6, :mrgreen: Jack

G3farms
Mar 31st 2010, 10:16 AM
Congrats are in order for sure. Take mama out for a night on the town.

I have hung in there for 22 years.

G3

Charles
Mar 31st 2010, 10:34 PM
Wow, congratulations :drinks: I was only 4 months old :rolling:

Mines only put up with me for 6 years so far but we're gettin there...

tecumseh
Apr 1st 2010, 04:32 AM
congrads to ya' both.

oddly enough I see that your post count is 1967 which was also a pretty good year.

Monie
May 13th 2010, 07:00 PM
Wow, congratulations :drinks: I was only 4 months old :rolling:

Mines only put up with me for 6 years so far but we're gettin there...

LOL! I was gonna add that I was just 2 months old. :mrgreen:

Bitty Bee
May 13th 2010, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Idee! :yahoo:

My mom wasn't even thought of yet :mrgreen: and my dad would've been 2 years old!

alleyyooper
May 16th 2010, 06:56 AM
Was 25 years for Kare and I on Valintines day. I didn't think she would tough it out so long.
She gave me a new shot gun as a reminder and I :lol: :lol: gave her grief.

:mrgreen: Al

G3farms
May 16th 2010, 09:17 AM
She gave me a new shot gun as a reminder and I :lol: gave her grief. :mrgreen: Al

That shotgun wasn't a reminder of the wedding was it?!?! :hunter: :oops: :yahoo:

Could not help myself :lol:

G3

alleyyooper
May 17th 2010, 07:39 AM
Naw No shot gun wedding if that is what you ment. I had told a couple of friends I am deer hunting so much in the back yard a shot gun muzzle loader of pistol only zone I wished I had a rifled slug shot gun, Kare heard me. Looked at a bunch back in 95 or some thing like that and decided then I wouldn't use it much. But with the passing of my hunting partner and refuseing to chance breaking in a new one I am hunting the back yard a bunch more.

:mrgreen: Al

Iddee
Mar 31st 2012, 07:43 AM
And the date has arrived again. Now it's 44 years and still hanging on.

Medic1259
Mar 31st 2012, 08:39 AM
Congrats .. I Was neg 5 ...lol My parents may have been still been in high school ..

rast
Mar 31st 2012, 10:23 AM
Congratulations to you and she. Awful sweet queen you have.

jmblakeney
Mar 31st 2012, 10:27 AM
Congrats, Iddee. That doesn't happen much anymore. You're someone people can look up to for that. And, other reasons too.:grin:

PerryBee
Mar 31st 2012, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to you and she. Awful sweet queen you have.

She must bee! :wink:

Congratulations Iddee. :thumbsup:

efmesch
Mar 31st 2012, 12:01 PM
Congrats to BOTH of you , Mr. and MRS IDDEE. You can't reach it alone. Tell the young'uns how it gets better and better as the years move on. :thumbsup:

G3farms
Mar 31st 2012, 12:47 PM
Tell the young'uns how it gets better and better as the years move on. :thumbsup:

The eyes get blurry, the hearing gets muffled, the knees and back start to ache and pain, the.....................oh oh yeah life with the wife gets better and better, congrats!

efmesch
Mar 31st 2012, 02:18 PM
The eyes get blurry, the hearing gets muffled, the knees and back start to ache and pain, the.....................oh oh yeah life with the wife gets better and better, congrats!
Blurry eyes from tears of happiness
Muffled hearing because you're ears are attuned to only one special person,
The back aches--and you've got someone to massage it and soothe your pains,.....
Just think what misery it would be alone, without that ONE special person who has become a part of you, an extension of your total being, someone who makes you complete, as it says in the Bible: (Genesis 2,24) על כן יעזוב איש את אביו ואמו ודבק באשתו והיו לבשר אחד.
For those of you who don't read Hebrew (or your computer doesn't display Hebrew characters), I won't supply a translation--pull out your Bibles and look it up. It's worth the small effort.:oldtimer:

G3farms
Mar 31st 2012, 02:52 PM
Nice touch Efmesch, my hats off to you!!:hi:

efmesch
Mar 31st 2012, 03:00 PM
G3 Thanks. That verse is one of my mottoes. With both of our sets of parents no longer with us (my mother passed away 4 months ago), it has become ever more meaningful.

jim314
Mar 31st 2012, 08:53 PM
Congratulations to you both :thumbsup::clapping:

Marbees
Mar 31st 2012, 09:26 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. Only true love makes people stay together this long.
Many, many more to come.:drinks::clapping:

JUDELT
Apr 1st 2012, 02:54 PM
we were 29yrs. 3\25. time sure flies!

brooksbeefarm
Apr 1st 2012, 08:03 PM
Congratulations iddee,sounds like you got a keeper right off.:thumbsup: Jack

Iddee
Apr 1st 2012, 08:10 PM
Yep, I got one of the best. Not so sure she was as lucky, tho.

riverbee
Apr 1st 2012, 09:54 PM
congratulations iddee, and very, very best wishes to you and mrs. iddee, and many more best wishes to you in the years to come!
btw, did you celebrate and/or give her anything special.....
other than thousands and thousands of 'flying girls' :grin:

Iddee
Mar 31st 2013, 05:57 PM
Number 45 today, and she hasn't killed me yet. She's a saint.

PerryBee
Mar 31st 2013, 06:26 PM
Has it been a year already? :shock: What's with this time thingy passing by so quickly?

Many happy thoughts sent your way Iddee! :thumbsup:

Gypsi
Mar 31st 2013, 07:43 PM
Congratulations to all you happily married people!

Best wishes on many more years.:thumbsup:

barry42001
Mar 31st 2013, 07:51 PM
Congratulations Iddee!!!!!

riverbee
Mar 31st 2013, 08:09 PM
my well wishes and congratulations as well to you and your wife iddee, and for many more years to come....!
45 years..?! do ya ask yourself where they went.....?!

ApisBees
Apr 1st 2013, 04:52 AM

You didn't come home with a new, old tractor all in parts on your trailer and in the back of your truck neather I bet.
Congratulations to you and your Queen.

kebee
Apr 1st 2013, 05:02 AM
Congratulations Iddee on your years together, I have only been with mine 6 years now and she is the best there is, the saying goes saveing the best for last and the Lord did.

kebee

Papakeith
Apr 1st 2013, 05:49 AM
. . .as it says in the Bible: (Genesis 2,24) על כן יעזוב איש את אביו ואמו ודבק באשתו והיו לבשר אחד.
For those of you who don't read Hebrew (or your computer doesn't display Hebrew characters), I won't supply a translation--pull out your Bibles and look it up. It's worth the small effort.:oldtimer:

I already knew the verse, but I had to take the Hebrew and put it in an online translator. The computer didn't get it quite right :lol: http://translation.babylon.com/hebrew/to-english/

Congrats to Everyone who has the love in their heart to stay the course with the mate they have chosen. Often it's not an easy road. More often than not it is the road we need to travel to become the person we were meant to be.

I am reminded of something my Mother said on the topic of marriage and the current trend to renew vows on a milestone wedding anniversary. If my memory serves it was her 25th at the time.
I asked her,"Mom, are you and Dad going to renew your vows on your anniversary?"

She hardly missed a beat and replied, "No, I meant it the first time".

She has a way with words...

Happy anniversary Iddee.

extrasharp
Apr 1st 2013, 07:25 AM
A late congrats!

efmesch
Apr 1st 2013, 02:49 PM
The computer didn't get it quite right :lol:
Papakeith, congrats for remembering the quote and for your originality in trying the "Babylon" translation. I followed your link and tried it out too---I guess computers have a long way to go before they can iron out their kinks in translation. :rolling::rotfl: I never would have recognized the original verse from the translation-- one beef--
that's a good one.
Congrats Mr and Mrs Iddee---enjoy a nice beef dinner in honor of the event, and many more even better years ahead. :grin:

Marbees
Apr 1st 2013, 07:06 PM

Stay away from new, old tractors for a while :lol:
Congratulations to both of you :thumbsup: