PDA

View Full Version : low fly bys

G3farms
Jul 10th 2010, 04:27 PM
A couple of them are pretty awsome

http://www.wimp.com/lowflybys/

riverrat
Jul 10th 2010, 05:10 PM
thats impressive got to say I would like to fly along with them when they do that. Talk about an adrienalin rush

Iddee
Jul 10th 2010, 05:29 PM
I like watching them do "touch & go's". The tires actually touch the ground and the smoke just rolls, then they go back up.

riverrat
Jul 10th 2010, 05:56 PM
at mconnell airbase in wichita when they had the b1's every other thursday night was afterburner night the practiced touch and goes and when they took back off they was hard on the after burners and hundreds of people would come out and watch. To bad the moved that airwing out. now its all about the kc 135 tankers

Mama Beek
Jul 10th 2010, 07:54 PM
We lived right off the flight line at Tinker AFB for awhile. The touch and gos were alright to watch .....but annoying as all get out when you're trying to sleep!! We saw alot of the AWACS and tacamos(?), along with quite a few other really cool planes. Now we see C-130s and more C-130s.

barry42001
Jul 11th 2010, 11:49 AM
used to watch the C-5A's landing and taking off at Fort Drum, NY those are the largest transport cradt in the military's inventory. When landing dispite thier huge size ( can hold 10 tanks, with crews, and support for the tanks ), they almost seemed to float down.
Barry

riverrat
Jul 11th 2010, 12:49 PM
ive watch a c-5a take off its loud and the engines sound like their groanin for ever inch of power it can produce to get the craft up to cruising alttitude

cow pollinater
Jul 12th 2010, 07:02 PM
I used to work the pack stations in the Sierra Nevadas. The Kern River cuts a valley right up the middle of the range. The flyboys from NAS Lemoore used to fly right up that valley just over the treetops and in some places just off the canyon walls. The air space for the national parks is different than that of the national forest so when they hit the park boundary they would fly up almost vertically until they hit the top of park air space where they would level off. One time I was right at the park boundary with ten loaded mules and riding a young horse when they pulled that little stunt... That turned into a loooong day...