PDA

View Full Version : the transportation is over. let's brake!!!

samo's beekeeping
Aug 27th 2010, 03:58 AM
[attachment=3:3sgeko48]?????? 112.jpg[/attachment:3sgeko48][attachment=2:3sgeko48]?????? 113.jpg[/attachment:3sgeko48][attachment=1:3sgeko48]?????? 114.jpg[/attachment:3sgeko48][attachment=0:3sgeko48]?????? 121.jpg[/attachment:3sgeko48]

Iddee
Aug 27th 2010, 07:59 AM
Beautiful !

Hobie
Aug 28th 2010, 07:35 AM
The hives are sitting on old tires! Ingenious!

How do you keep water from pooling inside the tires and having a mosquito problem?

samo's beekeeping
Aug 28th 2010, 10:53 PM
The hives are sitting on old tires! Ingenious!

How do you keep water from pooling inside the tires and having a mosquito problem?

dear friend,
1. old tires are free
2 they keep for many years
3 they don't need any service from you
4 they work as absorvers in case of strong wind ( never a beehive feld down)
5 there is only one problem, they keep rain water inside. i cut them with an axe(one cut downstairs) before use them and the problem solved. :drinks:

samo's beekeeping
Aug 28th 2010, 10:56 PM
Beautiful !

thank you my friend!!!

Hobie
Aug 29th 2010, 07:27 AM
I think re-using old tires is a great idea. I have never seen it before, but, as you mention, there are many advantages. Plus, it keeps the junk tires out of the garbage dump. Smart thinking!

samo's beekeeping
Aug 30th 2010, 09:36 PM
I think re-using old tires is a great idea. I have never seen it before, but, as you mention, there are many advantages. Plus, it keeps the junk tires out of the garbage dump. Smart thinking!

1) i thought old tires becouse are the best absorvers in case of strong wind. never a beehive felld down. ( try it)
2) when i move the beehives for collecting honey, i dont move the tires. i have others in the destination place.
3) when i come buck, i found them there becouse nobody has stolen them.
and of course take care the nature becouse they have another use for many years. :drinks:

Bens-Bees
Apr 28th 2011, 09:46 PM
Do the bees have access to the area below? I'm thinking if they do, then filling with water might not be so bad... water source for the bees, right?