2x14 oz. cans tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Pinch salt and pepper
Pinch of thyme
2 Tbsps cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbsps dry white wine
11/2 lbs. shrimp uncooked
Cooked rice, to serve

Place the oil in a large saucepan and add the bell pepper, celery, and onions. Cook for a few minutes over gentle heat and add garlic. Add the tomatoes and their juice, breaking them up with a fork or potato masher. Add the bay leaves, cayenne, seasoning, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for about five minutes uncovered. Mix a few spoonfuls of the hot tomato liquid with the cornstarch mixture and then return it to the saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until thickened. Add the shrimp and cover the pan. Simmer over gentle heat for about 15-20min, or until shrimp are done. Remove bay leaves, arrange rice in a ring around a plate for each serving, and serve the creole in the center of the ring. :hi:

hardwood
Aug 27th 2010, 02:41 PM
Man that sounds good! I'd have to say though, after living down dat bayou, it would have to include a mess of parsley and would most likely sub a roue for the corn starch...yumm!

Scott

Iddee
Aug 27th 2010, 04:07 PM
I done gone an' printed it.

Ducks®™
Aug 27th 2010, 04:11 PM
w00t common wit yo bad self!

Iddee
Sep 1st 2010, 05:08 PM
Tested and approved...

Other than my sister-in-law mis-measured the cayenne pepper and it was a tad bit too warm for a 90 degree day.

Ducks®™
Sep 2nd 2010, 06:41 AM
Laughing until my stomach hurts ,,, > My mother did the same thing once and I ended up eating it.. I love Capsaicin hot!