PDA

View Full Version : angry mob at rats house

riverrat
Nov 25th 2010, 08:01 PM
not sure whats going on but I fear for the hall family down the road. there is a mob of people out on my front porch disguised in christmas garb chanting something about deck the halls and ringing bells.

Iddee
Nov 25th 2010, 08:24 PM
You think you got problems? Somebody knocked my outhouse over in the middle of the night. All I could hear was some old man hollowin'.....

Dang-it, Rudolph, I said the Schmidt house..

rast
Nov 26th 2010, 04:28 PM
:D
one or two holer Iddee?

Iddee
Nov 26th 2010, 07:40 PM
One holer. We don't do that commune stuff like in San Fran. :P

Murrell
Nov 26th 2010, 08:19 PM
A lot of people joke about 1 & 2 holers but have never used any.

We used a two holer, actually when refering to a two holer, there were two holes, one large one for mom and pop, and a small one for us kids.

We used it till about 1953 till we got running water. { We carried water in 10 gal. milk cans from a Standard Gas station down on the Hwy.

Next anyone want to talk about poor ?

We did give real THANKS yesterday !

Murrell

The common joke in the area was the rich folk had a Brick S___ House with electric lights !

Iddee
Nov 26th 2010, 08:30 PM
We had a one holer until Dec. 24, 1965. We got water in the house in 1063 when we moved into the house I bought when I turned 18. We installed electric baseboard heat in 1966 to compliment the wood stove.

Talk about poor. The "new" house, which was new to us but many years old, had doorknobs. The first ones we ever had. The old house only had shoe strings on nails.

G3farms
Nov 26th 2010, 09:21 PM
We got water in the house in 1063 when we moved into the house I bought when I turned 18.

That would make you about 929 years old, sure your name ain't Methuselah :lol: :lol:

Iddee
Nov 27th 2010, 05:36 AM
If our mods were nice, they would edit mistakes for us poor elderly folk. :P

Hobie
Nov 27th 2010, 06:31 AM
Don't be mean. I think iddee looks GREAT for his being over 900 years old!

Where I grew up (in Connecticut), we were right near the state line. The big joke among old timers was that , to use the one room school house's outhouse you had to walk to Massachusetts! (and it was true!)

riverrat
Nov 27th 2010, 07:23 AM
If our mods were nice, they would edit mistakes for us poor elderly folk. :P

That was a tough one to figure out to edit. do we edit and move on or do we leave it for the kind folks on the board to figure out the math on iddees real age. can you figure out what we chose :Dancing:

Iddee
Nov 27th 2010, 07:57 AM
It's a mistake. I'm not that old. I'm only 132. Ya'll are picking on a poor, old, helpless man that can't protect himself. Shame on you.

brooksbeefarm
Nov 27th 2010, 09:12 AM
We had a two holer and all are neighbors and relatives did to. I could never figure out why? i never seen two people in one at the same time and i sure wouldn't go in one if someone was in there, that was a no, no :lol: Another thing, does anyone know why most outhouses had a quarter moon cut in the door. :confused: The first time i heard someone had a tollet inside there house,i thought it must really stink inside their house. :mrgreen: How times have changed. Jack

Murrell
Nov 27th 2010, 09:24 AM
You mustn't forget the can of lime on the floor.
Also catalogs, kind of a tie between Sears & Roebucks and Montgomery Ward, of course one of the city kin would also donate a Spiegles (sp) catalog.
Some time in late 40's early 50's they went to slick pages !!

There was a story/joke about the quarter moon on the door, but I for got