PDA

View Full Version : heres the rats luck true story

riverrat
Dec 9th 2010, 01:32 PM
I descided i needed a bigger desk out in the shop for my computer and reviewing prints. I searched craigslist far and wide and finally found a desk that would suit my needs perfectly. I called the guy he was about 50 miles away but just luck have it i had a meeting with a client within 10 miles of his address. The guy wanted 50 for the desk and we agreed on 35. Now heres where it gets good. I set my garmin to his address and it took me to the place out in the middle of nowhere to a string of houses about 100 yrds apart. I pulled into the drive got out walked up to the garage where there was a high school age kid with saggin and baggin pants smoking a cigarette and refering to me as dude. I ask if he is the one with the desk on craigslist he said yep called his dad on the intercom going into the house to ask where the desk was. he took me out and showed the desk to me it was about 4 foot by 2 foot the one pictured was about 7 foot by 3 I told the kid that wasnt the desk and asked if he had any others he said no. Well I told him I wasnt interested in that one and started to leave a little ticked off but not worth starting trouble over. I got to the car and the kid says Dude you might check with the Dude next door he has some things on craigslist I went there and found my desk now you know the luck of the rat what are the odds of that happening again. :D

cow pollinater
Dec 9th 2010, 03:51 PM
The best cowdog I've ever had came from a similar situation. I drove up to the indian reservation after talking to the guy at the stock yard that said his brother would be around all day and could show me the pups and their parents. I followed the landmark directions he gave me and wound up stopping by his neighbors house who just happened to have a litter of pups. The guy I was suposed to meet called me that afternoon to ask when I was going to come up...