PDA

View Full Version : queenofthesun.com

PerryBee
Jan 23rd 2011, 07:53 AM
I had a friend send this to me, I don't know how to post a link so I will type it all out. It is hilarious.

http://www.queenofthesun.com/about/trailer/

Anyone ever thought about trying this if you forgot your beebrush :rolling: :rotfl: LOL?

srvfantexasflood
Jan 23rd 2011, 08:52 AM
My queen would quit laying if I dressed like that to work my bees! :roll:

Iddee
Jan 23rd 2011, 08:53 AM
But the drones would go into overtime... :D

Omie
Jan 23rd 2011, 04:31 PM
Too funny!

I saw that movie in a film festival screening in my town last summer. the filmmaker was there to answer questions.
It's really a cool film- not overly biased in either direction I thought. They included some wonderful photography and interviewed beekeepers from all over the world.
I have to say though that the French mustache guy scene was definitely the wackiest and funniest moment in the whole film, so it's not really a good clip to judge the whole film by. ;)
The film was very enjoyable as a whole, and I learned a few things I didn't know. The visuals were really beautiful.

PerryBee
Jan 23rd 2011, 05:25 PM
Hey Omie:

The friend that sent me this clip also sent a PDF file with fantastic reviews written about it. Seems after reading all the reviews it would score around a 8 or 9 out of 10. It has Gunther Hauk, Michael Pollan and others in it. Got lots of awards too.
Too funny they would use this particular clip of the film to use as the trailer. I wonder where a person could get it to watch?

Perry

Omie
Jan 23rd 2011, 06:15 PM
The funniest part is that after we watched the film and asked questions about the mustache guy, the film maker admitted that there was further footage with the Frenchman where he would show how every morning he would take the queen 'for a walk' with him outside the hive, and that he felt she 'liked' this little walk about every day with him. The film maker said they decided not to include that part besides then folks would think they were all totally off the deep end! - and we all had a good laugh.
I do like the french BK though- he has a certain appealing je ne sais pas! lol! I'd rather spend some time with Monsieur Moustache than with some cave dwelling moron who tries to get rid of swarms in trees with a shotgun! ;D

tecumseh
Jan 23rd 2011, 06:25 PM
My wife sent me the link yesterday from afar. I thought the frenchy mustache fellow was pretty out there. I really didn't know how to respond to her inquiry??? I think I will tell her to peak in here an look at some of the 'reviewers' comments.

Omie
Jan 23rd 2011, 07:01 PM
Yes Tecumseh I agree Frenchy is pretty 'out there' lol! But hey, anybody who loves his bees is ok by me. There are so many worse people in this world.
I confess, sometimes I kiss my cats on their noses. ;D

brooksbeefarm
Jan 23rd 2011, 10:46 PM
Omie, we have a NY. beekeeper in our club that pulls frames out of my hives when we have bee club outings at my farm (for new beekeepers) and talks to them, and kisses them :shock: .He doesn't have a mustache, but i have to watch my bees when he leaves, i think they want to go home with him. :mrgreen: Jack

PS. i think he lived in that cold snowy weather you have up there to long. :lol:

G3farms
Jan 23rd 2011, 10:54 PM
In that video clip I just wanted to see that bee craw into his ear right at the very last.

Omie
Jan 24th 2011, 09:40 AM
PS. i think he lived in that cold snowy weather you have up there to long. :lol:

Yes, it was minus -12F this morning when I got up, it's zero right now....and I'm definitely feeling an urge to kiss my bees! :lol:

G3farms
Jan 24th 2011, 04:56 PM
Just don't kiss the flag pole, you might be there for a while!!

Omie
Jan 24th 2011, 10:12 PM
:lol:

Bitty Bee
Jan 25th 2011, 05:28 PM
G3, I was waiting for the bee to get in his ear too! I normally won't even open a hive without a veil, the bees are attracted to my hair like it's a flower or something and they can't get out of it once they're in it!

Mama Beek
Jan 26th 2011, 12:33 AM
Poor Baby..... you just have wwwaaaaaayyyyy to much hair, plus it's pretty and it smells good. You should just always keep a veil handy!