PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis

Iddee
Feb 1st 2011, 09:47 PM
I ran out of medicine two weeks ago. Couldn't get into the doctor until today. Sunday was 66 degrees and sunny. The bees were flying.I put two stings directly on my backbone an inch apart.

Within 5 minutes, I was standing straight for the first time in two weeks. Put my walking cane in the truck and began checking hives. No more pain until yesterday. Now it's too cold for them to fly, so it's back on the pills I got today.

tecumseh
Feb 2nd 2011, 05:51 AM
their stings are also great for joint stiffness in you hands. sometimes I expose one hand and sometimes the other when I do inspections. my hands are now much more flexible than they were a decade ago when I gave up remodeling.

Hobie
Feb 2nd 2011, 06:12 AM
Methinks iddee needs a year-round observation hive, for medicinal purposes.

I think the fact that bee venom works is amazing. I do not understand it, because bee stings make me swell up (a little) and itch like crazy.

brooksbeefarm
Feb 2nd 2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks Hobie,i was wondering what made my belly swell up this winter.Don't remember getting stung there though. :confused: . Jack

fatbeeman
Feb 2nd 2011, 05:52 PM
I am with you Iddee
I get stiff in winter can't wait for my bee medicine
Don

Bitty Bee
Feb 3rd 2011, 09:59 AM
Hobie, the swelling and itching just means that your immune system is running properly!
Jack, my belly swells up in the winter too. Usually because I do more sitting than at other times of the year. :D

Omie
Feb 3rd 2011, 03:44 PM
So the two stings helped you for about two weeks then?

Iddee
Feb 3rd 2011, 03:54 PM
No, the stings just happened Sunday. I had been hurting for about two weeks. By Tues. I was ready for another sting, which I didn't get due to the weather. I went to the doctor Tues. and got a new medicine. It seems to be working. I will likely get off the pills in Mar. or Apr. when I start receiving stings on a regular basis.

Omie
Feb 3rd 2011, 05:23 PM
How great a factor is it- the location where you get the stings as opposed to where the pain is? Will a sting on your knee help pains in your neck for instance?

Ladyleo191
Feb 3rd 2011, 05:59 PM
Omie, I think it has to be close to the pain, since he gets stung regularly and I've been a pain in his neck for about 55 years, :lol:

Iddee
Feb 3rd 2011, 09:59 PM
One way it works is to draw your body's attention "and anti-bodies" to the area. The closer to the pain, the better it works.

fatbeeman
Feb 26th 2011, 08:28 PM
when you got pain every where /where do you start?my problem in winter I am not working bees and get real stiff joints hurt. seems any where I would get stung relieves pain thru whole body. longer you work bees it will take more stings to get relieve
:beg: :drinks: .

indigoeye
Jun 12th 2011, 09:08 PM
This is interesting as I was just reading a book about apitherapy using bee stings in a similar way as acupunture to stimulate pain relief as well as joint function.

For what ever that is worth to you guys.

gunsmith
Aug 1st 2011, 09:59 AM
Check out the American Apitherapy Society website: www.apitherapy.org (http://www.apitherapy.org)

pistolpete
May 27th 2013, 10:03 PM
I was a skeptic, but now I'm a believer. I do tile setting and have to grip my tools and materials all day long. I had joint pain and stiffness in several of my finger joints. I never wore gloves from the get go when I started keeping bees last year. I got about a dozen stings in my hands over the course of last summer, which was enough to make all my pain go away. It took most of the winter for the pain to come back. Now with just a couple of stings it's gone again. All of these were accidental stings, mostly to my finger tips. I may consider targeted stings if the accidental ones cease to be effective in the future.

efmesch
May 28th 2013, 12:49 AM
Omie, I think it has to be close to the pain, since he gets stung regularly and I've been a pain in his neck for about 55 years, :lol:
In this case, who gets the stings to provide relief, Iddee or you ?

crazy8days
Aug 11th 2013, 09:40 PM
My girlfriend is a hairstylist. She has developed arthritis in her thumbs. 3 days ago she let me sting her in the lower knuckle of her thumb. The first night it was sore. By the morning you couldn't tell she was stung. Today, she said that the arthritis is still hurting. Does it take more than one sting? I was really hoping for this to work.

RayMarler
Aug 11th 2013, 11:29 PM
Yes, sometimes it does take more than one.
Even a muscle sting in the outside upper arm helps me some, for the back nerve pains.
I sting my fingers and toes when needed, seems to help me out.

Iddee
Aug 12th 2013, 10:38 AM
For my wife, 1 or 2stings works. For me, it takes 3 to 5. Every sting, every person, and every ailment are different. Experience will tell the story.Try to get her to take another one or two.

PS. 1 or 3 feels the same. Since all stings are different, you will only feel the one that is worst in any given area.

crazy8days
Aug 12th 2013, 11:37 AM
We only did one hand to see what the reaction would be. Today she says it doesn't hurt as bad as her other hand. I know every person is different but how long on average does it last? Now, it's up to her if she wants to do it again.

Iddee
Aug 12th 2013, 11:56 AM
For me, about a week. For my wife, 2 to 3 months.

Each person has to find their own level.

Lburou
Aug 12th 2013, 01:23 PM
FWIW, I'm a believer in the curative value of a well placed stinger. My hands are naturally stiff and sore from osteoarthritis and a touch of gout. Both thumbs get sore at their base. A bee sting (left to pump the full dose of venom) near the base of the thumb brings relief in 36 hours and lasts nearly three weeks.

​I would expect that my immune system will need more and more venom for the same anti inflammatory response in the joints as time goes by. Working bees with bare hands, I stop taking celebrex in the summer and resume again in the Winter. Just my two cents here, but there is no doubt in my mind about this. :)

crazy8days
Aug 13th 2013, 07:37 AM
Must be working! She's tired of the other hand hurting and wants to be stung.

Lburou
Aug 13th 2013, 08:02 AM
Must be working! She's tired of the other hand hurting and wants to be stung.
With my bees, its is difficult to hold a bee and make them sting a certain spot. The best method I've found (for me) is to put a couple bees in a queen muff and press my target spot against a bee as if to crush it and -BANG- it is done. A lot easier than trying to hold it with unwilling digits. HTH :)

Iddee
Aug 13th 2013, 08:40 AM
I use a pair of 6 in. tweezers to pick them up. They work quite well.

http://www.sewmanyparts.com/pages/Shop/itemdetail/3230/

Lburou
Aug 13th 2013, 01:05 PM
I use a pair of 6 in. tweezers to pick them up. They work quite well.

http://www.sewmanyparts.com/pages/Shop/itemdetail/3230/
I'll give it a try, thanks :)

pturley
Aug 14th 2013, 12:15 PM
I recently discovered that a neighbor just a few doors down from one of my rentals keeps bees for just this reason (an interesting old couple to be sure!!!). They have a five frame hive on the side of the house just outside of their bathroom window and a double deep on the back porch. They don't even add supers and just let them swarm (don't think I agree with them on this point though).

Yes, I have swarm boxes at my rental. It hasn't worked yet, but likely will eventually...

efmesch
Aug 14th 2013, 01:43 PM
I recently discovered that a neighbor just a few doors down from one of my rentals keeps bees ....
That's another nice thing about keeping bees: If you want to keep it "a secret" it's not to hard to hide a hive in an inconspicuous spot and nobody will be the wiser. :grin:

bee stung
Nov 1st 2014, 08:33 PM
to me the sting hurts so little that 3 4 stings hurt a LOT less then 10 min of the hurting I have in my hands , arms , legs ,,, back ....

bee stung
Nov 10th 2014, 07:47 PM
I also stay away from nightshade vegetables google night shade and arthrities ,, I have the great affect PAIN for a week when I eat 10 potatoe chips