PDA

View Full Version : Vidalia onions

bamabww
Mar 31st 2011, 05:33 PM
My favorite way to prepare a vidalia onion is to core the top, put in a pat of butter and a cube of beef or chicken bouillon and microwave it for 5 minutes on medium power.

It's great with steak, and you'll throw away that baked potato.

Determine the cooking time by the texture you want, because the onion will get softer the longer you leave it in the oven.

I like mine a little crisp on the inside so 5 minutes in the microwave is about right.

Ladyleo191
Apr 5th 2011, 12:06 PM
I've never used the microwave for onions, but I have used the same method of coring and buillion and then wrapped them in foil and tossed them in the ashes of a campfire or baked them in a conventional oven.

Yum! One more way to enjoy them. :)

Arnold
Dec 21st 2011, 06:03 AM
Ingredients
3 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (9-inch) prebaked deep-dish pie shell
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until lightly browned.
Put the pie pan on a sheet pan. Line the bottom of pie crust with the onions.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the flour together to combine. Add the milk, sour cream and salt. Mix well and pour over the onions. Garnish with the bacon and bake until firm in the center, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.

brooksbeefarm
Dec 21st 2011, 08:14 AM
One of Dad's favorite sandwiches, was a Onion mayonaise sandwich. :thumbsup: Jack