PDA

View Full Version : what timming

Zookeep
Nov 13th 2011, 04:08 PM
On Saturday I set up a nuc for a cell from the T1c hive for replacing the queen in the all American hive, figured I had a few days yet till the hatch but for some reason I didnt see the queen in the american hive I pulled frames of brood and food from, so over saterday night I kept wondering if I had put her in the nuc so this afternoon I went to look to make sure, and there she was, not the old queen but the new 1, the hatch was still swinging on the cell, I must have missed her coming out by minutes so I closed it up fast and figure if the old queens in there the virgins gonna kill her fast anyways and save me the trouble. figures the 1 time I didnt have the camera with me.

Zookeep
Nov 20th 2011, 07:45 AM
I saw T2a today and the new queens huge, very skidish though, she was runnin all over so I closed up fast and added the 2 to 1 to the top, Ill get pics next weekend, never thought I would have 2nd gen from the tree genetics this soon but I guess all you can do is kinda aim them bees in a general direction and they gonna do what bees do anyways :lol:

so now Im 7 outa 8 on raising queens not bad for my 1st year back into beeking (knocks on wood for luck) hope it keeps going like this.

Omie
Nov 21st 2011, 08:24 PM
Hey you are doing GREAT!

Zookeep
Nov 26th 2011, 12:34 PM
took some pics of her today for the 1st time, meet the 1st queen of the 2nd generation of the tree hive :yahoo:

Omie
Nov 26th 2011, 03:12 PM
Lovely! You can see eggs in all the cells in that top photo, too...she's hard at work! :D