PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm Nuts

LtlWilli
Nov 15th 2008, 11:23 AM
I may just be, so I'll ask for confirmation. It seems that I read somewhere that spraying with PAM will work instead of dipping frames in wax. I have anxiety/depression disorder, and I do take a bunch of medicines, so I cannot be sure....I do know that working my hives does as much good for me as all that dope they have me on. :cry:

If the PAM is a no-go, how about melting comb, and brushing it on? I do not have anything deep enough to dip one in.

A second thought----is it only the inside walls of the supers and broods that wax is required on?.Hmmmmm?

Iddee
Nov 15th 2008, 05:41 PM
I've never heard of either. Why would you want to do it?

LtlWilli
Nov 15th 2008, 05:46 PM
I was afraid of that...Thanks for the clarification on my mental state. :| :| :|

dogsoldier13
Jan 14th 2009, 08:52 PM
i know that the kits ive bought from dadant have wax sprayed on the foundation,but dont know why the frames would need it,ive read that wax sprayed on plastic foundation gives the bees a leg up at spring time,bee catcher would know more about it

Iddee
Jan 14th 2009, 08:58 PM
Bees don't like plastic. Neither do I. Those that use plastic foundation paint wax on the plastic to get the bees to work it. I use all wood frames and wax foundation, never plastic.

dogsoldier13
Jan 14th 2009, 09:08 PM
good to know