PDA

View Full Version : Totally bummed!

PerryBee
Feb 1st 2012, 03:50 PM
I just spent almost 1/2 an hour writing a post on an article on "Natural Beekeeping" and when I hit preview I got sent to the sign in page> :cry: :frustrated:
Lost, gone, ariva derci, hasta la vista,auf wiedersein, syanara.
Sometimes I hate computors. :ranting:

sqkcrk
Feb 1st 2012, 05:19 PM
:) A poor carpenter often blames his tools. ;)
Like it was the computers fault Perry? But I know what you mean.

Americasbeekeeper
Feb 1st 2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your tool problem Perry. I usually type long posts in Word just so I do not lose it, plus the same questions come up locally. Then I can copy and email the same message.

Marbees
Feb 1st 2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry Perry, know the feeling. Happened to me too.
Now if I have to type longer posts, I do what Gary does.

Zulu
Feb 2nd 2012, 12:57 PM
try going to your user control page and have a look at drafts.....

the forum manages drafts in a different way.

PerryBee
Feb 2nd 2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your tool problem Perry. I usually type long posts in Word just so I do not lose it, plus the same questions come up locally. Then I can copy and email the same message.

What? :shock: Now wait a minute...........................................W hat? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Marbees
Feb 2nd 2012, 08:32 PM

What? :shock: Now wait a minute...........................................W hat? :shock: :shock: :lol:

and I said it happened to me too :rotfl: :rolling:

Hobie
Feb 3rd 2012, 06:35 AM
It was the computer's fault. Some of them have an evil streak.

Omie
Feb 3rd 2012, 08:37 AM
:) A poor carpenter often blames his tools. ;)

:lol:

Eddy Honey
Feb 12th 2012, 01:06 PM
I always highlight my longer posts then right click and "copy" it. Then if it gets lost I can just paste it back.

efmesch
Feb 12th 2012, 01:16 PM
Maybe your item is hiding away with that long PM I wrote you and lost a few weeks ago. :geek:

PerryBee
Feb 12th 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm just happy to see you back! :thumbsup:

efmesch
Feb 12th 2012, 02:24 PM
:yahoo:

sqkcrk
Feb 12th 2012, 03:48 PM
It was the computer's fault. Some of them have an evil streak.

"The Devil made me do it." Flip Wilson

G3farms
Feb 14th 2012, 04:39 PM
new and better things are a coming!.........lol

PerryBee
Feb 14th 2012, 05:42 PM
Is this some sort of pre info. being distributed? A leak perhaps? :mrgreen: Hmmm? Hmmmm?

G3farms
Feb 14th 2012, 06:36 PM
I can neither confirm or deny :lol:

Marbees
Feb 14th 2012, 08:36 PM
I can neither confirm or deny :lol:

Now G3 sounds like a politician :lol: :lol:

G3farms
Feb 14th 2012, 08:40 PM
easy now thems fightin' words :lol: :lol:

Marbees
Feb 14th 2012, 08:45 PM
easy now thems fightin' words :lol: :lol:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gypsi
Feb 14th 2012, 09:30 PM
Typing a long post on my smart phone is hazardous because if I get to the auto roll at the end of the line, my browser shuts down. So if I have a burning desire to write, I type it in the notepad, then select, copy and paste into the post window. Hit submit, and I'm done, no disappearing post. If for some reason it does disappear, I still have it on my notepad.

Gypsi

tommyt
Feb 14th 2012, 09:58 PM
I had similar thing happen............well sorta,
I got up walked into the garage,brain goes into delete mode :confused:
Go back sit down,wife asks what I was doing? looking for?
scratch my head a bit,tell her maybe I'll get too it later :mrgreen:

Tommyt

PerryBee
Feb 15th 2012, 05:02 AM
Smart move, not telling your wife! :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Bens-Bees
Feb 16th 2012, 12:23 AM
PerryBee, I know exactly where you're coming from, I wrote a long post about my first inspection this year, only to hit submit and get a page that said internet explorer can not display the page blah blah blah, hit the back button and it was all gone. I didn't even bother re-writing it, mostly because I forgot the majority of it.

efmesch
Feb 16th 2012, 01:00 AM
Could it be that all of us beeks are particularly susceptible to this problem? :cry:

Marbees
Feb 16th 2012, 04:28 AM
Could it be that all of us beeks are particularly susceptible to this problem? :cry:

What problem? :lol: :lol:

Omie
Feb 16th 2012, 09:43 AM
What problem? :lol: :lol:

lol!

I tend to be a big mouth, typing out l-o-n-g posts. I've learned more than once -the hard way- to pause every paragraph or so and highlight everything and hit 'copy' so at least it's all on my computer's 'clipboard'. Then if it gets lost when try to post it, I can just start a new reply and hit 'paste' which puts it all in again.

efmesch
Feb 16th 2012, 10:21 AM
Omie, Do you mean to say that even we can learn and that there is hope? :confused: