PDA

View Full Version : It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intheswamp
Mar 2nd 2012, 06:06 PM
The new forum is ALIVE!!!!!!

Congrats to the folks that sweated the conversion!!!!!

AAA+++++

YEEEHAWWWWW!!!!!!

Ed

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 06:51 PM
I had some problems logging in at first, but I 'think' I am ok now....?

G3farms
Mar 2nd 2012, 06:54 PM
glad to see you made it beebeep.....errr Omie!!

Eddy Honey
Mar 2nd 2012, 07:05 PM
So far the site doesn't remember my log in info but no biggie...I do...lol Otherwise I like it! Thanks Mods!!

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah how can we set it to keep us logged in all the time? I don't want to have to log in several times a day.

Iddee
Mar 2nd 2012, 07:22 PM
Just under the log in window, check the box next to "remember me"

tefer2
Mar 2nd 2012, 08:31 PM
Now that don't work, have to log in every time.

tefer2
Mar 2nd 2012, 08:33 PM
If you leave and come back! Guess what? You have to log on again

Iddee
Mar 2nd 2012, 08:40 PM
I just logged out, then logged in with another name. Then logged out and back in. It kept it for me. I don't know why it won't for you, but we will get it right before long. A lot of members are having trouble and Charles and I are both working on them.

tefer2
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:00 PM
Ok, I just logged in with remember me, did it three times, had to log back in each time after leaving.

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all your efforts. I'm sure you guys are working feverishly to get things smooth again. I seem to be able to log in and out just fine, so the 'remember me' thing will just be icing on the cake later when you get to it.

Iddee
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:04 PM
Give us a day and we will try and fix it. We have many more who can't log in. Trying to get them fixed first.

Iddee
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:06 PM
Just an idea. Log out, hit control f5 on your keyboard, then log in again with remember me. Tell me what happens.

If you have a Mac, just hit f5.

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:37 PM
When I hit Logout, i got a message saying i had cleared cookies. Then i hit f5 and logged in again with remember me checked like you said (I always check remember me anyway). It said my user name or password was not valid, BUT I was actually then logged in successfully despite that, cause I see my name at top of the page and can post like now. So sometimes I log in ok but it mistakenly says I have entered something invalid and should try again. I can ignore that error message if I see my name successfully logged in at the top.

I just now logged in and out a couple of times and had no problem getting in despite the error message.

rast
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:42 PM
I used the firefox "remember password" and worked ok.

BKF
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:46 PM
Still a lot of bugs to be worked out, but we will get there.

Charles
Mar 2nd 2012, 09:47 PM
If you log out it clears the "remember me" cookie so you'll have to log back in. If you don't log out, go to another website close the browser, whatever... come back and you will be logged in still

It's the logging out that messes it up I think

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 10:05 PM
No, I just figured out what the problem was- I was going to another website, or closing my browser, and then using my trusty OLD browser bookmark to come back here. The old bookmark got me back here to the forums just fine... but I was logged out every time. Now I made a NEW bookmark and I closed my browser, then used the new bookmark to come here- and I was already logged in. It's using my old browser bookmark that was causing the problem! That might well be why I was getting the error message as well when I logged in from there.

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 10:08 PM
just logged out and back in again using the new bookmark and no more error message. Then i clicked to a different site and then back again to here via the new bookmark...and I'm still logged in.

riverrat
Mar 2nd 2012, 10:10 PM
today when it went off line to make the switch over I was like a nasa engineer waiting on an apollo modual to re-enter earths atmosphere.

Charles
Good job, I never thought about that. All the paths have changed so that makes sense.

I'm going to create a post in the morning about what to do to clean up after the migration, this will be on the list... Thanks Omie

Bsweet
New site looks GREAT, thanks Admin. Abit of trouble getting email to reset password but it all worked out. Thank You its good to be back. Jim

Omie
Mar 2nd 2012, 10:17 PM
Glad to be able to help in some little way.
I'm off to BED now!

jb63
Mar 2nd 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm just thankful Omie didn't loose her avitar.

Slowmodem
Mar 2nd 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm sure with all the brainpower focused on this problem, they'll get it fixed in no time!

http://chicagofree.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wizard-of-oz_scarecrow.jpg?e393c2

Eddy Honey
Mar 3rd 2012, 06:07 AM
Delete the old Beekeeping forum out of your favorites and then log in and ADD this new forum to your favorites. Problem solved.

Omie
Mar 3rd 2012, 07:12 AM
...and on Firefox browser it's the 'bookmark' that you have to delete the old one and make a new one of.

Intheswamp
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:26 AM
today when it went off line to make the switch over I was like a nasa engineer waiting on an apollo modual to re-enter earths atmosphere.
<chuckle> Nice description!

tefer2
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:29 AM
That fixed it for me also!

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:36 AM
I had to go into settings and reset the time. At 10:30 am here, it showed a message that was posted at 2:45 pm today. (I can't really see into the future!).

Intheswamp
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:40 AM
I had to go into settings and reset the time. At 10:30 am here, it showed a message that was posted at 2:45 pm today. (I can't really see into the future!).
Greg, I'm not sure if it "took"....your quoted post is timed at 03:36pm...my computer clock says 09:40am. ???

Ed

Iddee
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:41 AM
If you were in England it would be the correct time.

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:55 AM
Greg, I'm not sure if it "took"....your quoted post is timed at 03:36pm...my computer clock says 09:40am. ???

Ed

That means you need to go into your settings and change what time it displays for you. At the top of the page, click on settings, then scroll down and look on the left where it says general settings, then scroll down and look at the time settings. That adjusts what the forum shows you.

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 09:57 AM
If you were in England it would be the correct time.

Yep, but I'd rather have a good time instead of a mean time. :grin:

Intheswamp
Mar 3rd 2012, 10:01 AM
WOW!!! I'm a time traveler!!!! Iddee and Greg...you were both right, I was stuck in London and simple had to time-warp-it back to south Alabama. I've been wondering why everybody was talking with a weird accent!!!! ;)

Ed

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 10:15 AM
Yep, but I'd rather have a good time instead of a mean time.

This is supposed to have a smiley at the end, but I can't seem to make it show up. I think I have all my settings set right. It may be a glitch with the new program.

G3farms
Mar 3rd 2012, 10:45 AM
After you change your setting be sure to scroll down to the very bottom and click on save settings

G3farms
Mar 3rd 2012, 10:46 AM
nope smiles are not posting

Omie
Mar 3rd 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm adding a smile here: Is it visible to everyone?

....nope, guess not. I also cannot add images to my posts through links to the image url online.

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm adding a smile here: Is it visible to everyone?

....nope, guess not. I also cannot add images to my posts through links to the image url online.

I had to manually type in the img with the bracket to post the previous picture. I'm sure they'll get it all going. I'm sure it's a pain to have to do all of that. I'm glad there are people willing to do it for us. :) there's a smile typed in there

Iddee
Mar 3rd 2012, 11:33 AM
Charles has a list of small fixes he is working on now. He'll get them done by-and-by.

Intheswamp
Mar 3rd 2012, 12:59 PM
For less than 24 hours I think it's looking and running pretty dog gone good!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Omie
Mar 3rd 2012, 01:22 PM
I also cannot add images to my posts through links to the image url online.

I figured out how to do this now, I posted about it in this picture thread:
http://www.beekeepingforums.com/threads/4199-How-to-add-pictures-to-your-post

Slowmodem
Mar 3rd 2012, 02:05 PM
I had to manually type in the img with the bracket to post the previous picture. I'm sure they'll get it all going. I'm sure it's a pain to have to do all of that. I'm glad there are people willing to do it for us. :) there's a smile typed in there

:thumbsup: There's a smiley face now.

Charles
Mar 3rd 2012, 02:37 PM
We should be good to go on remote image uploads and smilies now! :thumbsup:

Omie
Mar 3rd 2012, 02:49 PM
all hail..... :bow:

Intheswamp
Mar 3rd 2012, 04:08 PM
We should be good to go on remote image uploads and smilies now! :thumbsup:

And a nice shot to show as an example, too!

PerryBee
Mar 3rd 2012, 04:16 PM
all hail..... :bow:

Me too...:bow: