PDA

View Full Version : Hives for sale

Iddee
Mar 29th 2012, 05:40 PM
A beek called me today and asked if I could sell 5 hives for him. He said they are 3 lb. packages with queen installed in all NEW 10 frame deeps two weeks ago. The queens are out and laying profusely. The flow is on and they have nectar and pollen stored. He is asking 200 each for them.

If anyone local wants them, 4 are still available.

Medic1259
Mar 29th 2012, 06:38 PM
on my way ...lol

jmblakeney
Mar 29th 2012, 08:35 PM
Iddee i have never priced nucs. Is that an ok deal for package bees and new single story deep that is 2 wks old?

gunsmith
Mar 29th 2012, 08:51 PM
Not sure about prices in Iddees part of the country, but I have 3 5 frame deep nucs on order for pick-up in mid-May, this is in Ohio, and I need to bring my own boxes. They are guaranteed and $100.00 each.

Iddee
Mar 29th 2012, 08:59 PM
Nucs here are 100 to 110. A package installed 2 weeks in 10 frame hives, all new equip., in March is
??priceless??

I think 200 is a great price. By mid-may, they could be double deeps.

tecumseh
Mar 29th 2012, 10:49 PM
I think sometime folks make too much of price alone without considering all issues related to quality that make a product either a good value or not a good value. the external and easily identifiable stuff like the wood wares is certainly a good portion of the value here but to me what is in the box (for me the origin of the package bees and most specifically the queen) is what either would or would not make this a good value.