PDA

View Full Version : Posting an Avatar Photo

Hobie
Apr 7th 2012, 06:00 AM
Okay, I know I'm a computer idiot, but I can not find where to add a photo to my profile. Can anyone help? :confused:

PerryBee
Apr 7th 2012, 06:03 AM
Hey Hobie:

Next to Log Out, click on Settings, then go to edit avatar. Click on use custom avatar and add your pic.
Let me know if that works for you!

Walt B
Apr 7th 2012, 06:19 PM
Since there's no avatar, I'm guessing it didn't work.

As I recall, once you upload your photo, there's something at the top of the page that you have to click to say it's what you want to do. I kept getting error messages: I could see the photo and I'd click "save" and I'd get a message that said it didn't load. Once I clicked whatever was at the top, it worked.

Walt

rast
Apr 7th 2012, 07:07 PM
Make sure you are sizing it right.
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Remember to set the avatar size to 100 when creating your avatar.

Next are the steps for adding your avatar to your profile here on the forum.

3. Click on "edit avatar"
4. If loading your own image click browse next to "Upload from your machine" and choose the file you downloaded from the above avatar creator.
5. If using one from the gallery then click gallery at the bottom and choose an image.
6. Last but not least click submit at the bottom of the page.

That's it, you now have an avatar :grin:

efmesch
Apr 8th 2012, 12:25 AM
Hobie,
We're anxious to greeet you "in person".

G3farms
Apr 8th 2012, 07:08 AM
Come on Hobie you can do it!!!

Hobie
Apr 10th 2012, 10:43 AM
No problems, except that I forgot to check back to this thread for 3 days! But I'm at work now, and my photos are at home, so now we wait to see how long it takes to remember a second time!

I'll try to post one I have here. But look fast! I will probably change it to something bee-ish shortly!

G3farms
Apr 10th 2012, 10:58 AM
Yaaaaaa!!!

Hobie
Apr 10th 2012, 11:02 AM
Changed it again. Thought it would be more appropriate to have me sailing a Hobie Cat!

G3farms
Apr 10th 2012, 11:03 AM
Hey! you better get back to work!!:lol::lol: