PDA

View Full Version : Pollen brought in by my bees

Bcrazy
Apr 8th 2012, 11:33 PM
There has been frantic energy shown from my hives as the weather is not what one might call good beekeeping weather its damp and a light drizzel. So in the good periods the bees have been out collecting pollen and i thought i might be able to identify what they have been feeding on.
Here goes.332133223323332433253326

So now the Oil Seed Rape is just begining to show through so the bees will be collecting that soon.

How are you guy's across the pond ? I know i don't post that often as your beekeeping is somewhat different to our systems, you guy's have the better weather for a start.
Hope you all have a great season with plenty of the yellow peril to jar up.
:lol:
Mo.

efmesch
Apr 9th 2012, 12:38 AM
Bcrazy says: the weather is not what one might call good beekeeping weather its damp and a light drizzel.
Efmesch adds: That sounds standard for Britain. :wink:

PerryBee
Apr 9th 2012, 06:03 AM
Wow! I love those pics, the colours look very similar to what I paint my supers. It would make a nice desktop. :thumbsup:

Iddee
Apr 9th 2012, 07:44 AM
Mo, if we all had the exact same conditions, the talk wouldn't be very educational. We love hearing about the differences in different locales. Keep posting, especially the microscopy and the stories behind it.

G3farms
Apr 9th 2012, 08:08 AM
So far this year for Tennessee we have been ahead of schedule by 3 maybe even 4 weeks. Apple trees have already bloomed and gone, black locust is blooming heavy now. Have caught a couple of swarms already and swarm season actually still two weeks away. Really crazy weather here.

Great pics of the pollen keep them coming.

Bcrazy
Apr 9th 2012, 03:47 PM
Hey G3farms,
3 or 4 weeks ahead of normal beekeeping time , I used to like you my friend but if you insist on rubbing salt into the wound i can go off people. To be honest i am now seriously considering feeding my bees to help them through this dreadfull begining to the season. Only joking G3 once a friend always a friend. Just a few days of sunny warm weather would help tremendously. Oh well back to the drawing board. Best wishes to you all.

Mo

G3farms
Apr 10th 2012, 06:12 PM
May the sunshine rain down on you!.............or something like that :lol:

Zulu
Apr 10th 2012, 11:06 PM
Mo

I would like to know some methods to get good mic pics. Are you staining these?

What sort of mag is needed?
i need a camera adapter, but can at least experiment and fix some slides in the mean time.

cherylsbees
May 11th 2012, 01:08 AM
I noticed a few of my bees were bringing in a almost lime green colored pollen..Any idea what type of plant this could be from??