PDA

View Full Version : Length of post 'tags' allowed

Omie
Apr 18th 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi admins and moderators...
Is is possible to increase the length of the search 'tags' we can add when we start a thread?
Right now, I posted a News thread and it said I could add up to five tag terms. So I put Britain German feral black. Rejected, and a message comes up saying the tags can also be no more than 25 characters total. ...I didn't even use commas! :cry:
That seems needlessly restrictive. I had to eliminate the word feral from my search tags in order for it to be accepted. But that made the tags much less effective and relevant. That's the whole reason behind tags- to help the search function bring up the most relevant threads and posts when people go searching for a subject. I'd suggest instead a limit of maybe 50 characters and/or 8 words.

Thanks for considering this! :razz:

Charles
Apr 18th 2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Omie, the tags are separated by commas so you should use -> Britain, German, feral, black, <- tags are not split at the space. The 25 character limit is to make sure they are not entered without the commas :-)

Omie
Apr 18th 2012, 12:04 PM
Well gosh, guess I wasn't smart enough! :???:

Charles
Apr 18th 2012, 04:13 PM

Don't be talkin bad about my friend Omie :club:

:grin:

Intheswamp
Apr 18th 2012, 10:01 PM
You was smart enough to tell me about putting that ball of bees in a nuc and seeing if they starting building up or if the bees flew back to the mother hive!!! That's having smarts if you ask me!!! Computer smarts...that's why we cheer Charles on!!! ;)

Ed

Omie
Apr 18th 2012, 10:28 PM
...and it was a mere comma that took me down. :think:

Intheswamp
Apr 19th 2012, 03:54 PM
...and it was a mere comma that took me down. :think: Oh, the dreaded comma...

If it makes you feel any better (probably won't) I had just compiled a nice report on inspecting my five colonies this morning. I typed it in Outlook Express so I could save it as a draft and come back to it if I got interrupted. I was just about to describe the last hive when suddenly remembered I needed to save the post to the drafts folder. I went to X out Outlook so it would prompt me to save it....nope....didn't save....gone....zero....zilch. <sigh>

Ed

rast
Apr 19th 2012, 04:52 PM
and I'm still not sure what a tag is:dontknow:.

Omie
Apr 19th 2012, 06:14 PM
....I typed it in Outlook Express so I could...

Mistake number one. :cool:

Rast- Best you don't know.

Intheswamp
Apr 19th 2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, no, no, no...that's number 320,097 or is it 320,098 (it get's kinda hazy going back into the 70's) Some of'em were even better than that one!!!! ;)