PDA

View Full Version : No Blueberries

Hobie
May 8th 2012, 11:08 AM
Well, my hopes for blueberries next year have been squashed. I have been waiting and waiting for my plants to arrive, and I finally called the place, and they had run out of plants, so they cancelled my order! Never bothered to notify me. They did say they would send them in fall.

Does anyone know if it's okay to plant in the fall? I know it's good for trees, so they can spend their energy growing roots, but don't know if the same applies to blueberries.

Hog Wild
May 8th 2012, 11:57 AM
Yes, I plant and transplant all of mine once dormant with a pretty good survival rate. :thumbsup:

Gypsi
May 8th 2012, 02:40 PM
I got 2 blueberry plants locally. Figure I might get 10 berries if they make it through the Texas summer. Good luck to us all...

Gypsi

riverbee
May 8th 2012, 04:30 PM
hobie,
check with your county extension agent about planting them in the fall for your area....they are usually very helpful.

blueblood
May 8th 2012, 08:03 PM
Fall will be fine....check your local Walmart out...I watched them for a while there a few seasons ago. They went from $10 to $8, $5 and then I went in and asked the manager to drop them to $2 and I would buy every single one of them. It's amazing what you can negotiate if you just ask. You might check other nurseries, farm stores and such for clearance on them here in a month or so also...