PDA

View Full Version : What Is It????

riverbee
Jun 4th 2012, 10:45 PM
i do know what this thing is.....but just testing you farmers for fun :grin:
what i had to do to retrieve it, and the rest of the story behind it, pretty cool for me!

blueblood
Jun 4th 2012, 10:49 PM
hmmmm..not sure....but, first instinct was to say part of an implement?

efmesch
Jun 4th 2012, 10:49 PM
A super-sized red mushroom, grown to it's amazing size because of flooding. :rotfl:

Now let's hear your story. :beg:

riverbee
Jun 4th 2012, 11:43 PM
A super-sized red mushroom, grown to it's amazing size because of flooding. :rotfl:
Now let's hear your story. :beg:

lol ef, well ef it's not a blue and white golf umbrella easily spotted in a pine tree:lol:
so you will have to be patient and wait for 'the rest of the story' until the farmers who have or had these can maybe say what it is!
dave said:
"hmmmm..not sure....but, first instinct was to say part of an implement?"

stay tuned......

efmesch
Jun 5th 2012, 12:01 AM
Could it be a "warming" shield for young chicks? :???:

G3farms
Jun 5th 2012, 03:40 AM
Fender off of a tractor, and being red it is either MF of IH. Doesn't look like the clam shell type of universal fender though. Anywhere close?

Mosti
Jun 5th 2012, 04:14 AM
It is a guard used on those grass cutters which are hand held which use nylon or a metal disc to cut the grass and you most probably use to clear around the hives????!!!!

Marbees
Jun 5th 2012, 05:19 AM
A wrecking ball/bell that rings during demolition:wink:

Papakeith
Jun 5th 2012, 05:49 AM
I would tend to go with a fender too. although the mount pins have a rather small spacing if it were to be mounted over an axle housing. Maybe off an old cub?

Iddee
Jun 5th 2012, 06:20 AM
""What Is It????""

I would guess an Oak. Bark doesn't look right to be a pine. Move the fender and maybe we can see it better.

PerryBee
Jun 5th 2012, 06:23 AM
""What Is It????""

I would guess an Oak. Bark doesn't look right to be a pine. Move the fender and maybe we can see it better.

:rolling: :rolling::rolling: Now I have to go clean up my spilled coffee. :lol: Somedays Iddee.......

Mosti
Jun 5th 2012, 08:36 AM
""what is it????""

i would guess an oak. Bark doesn't look right to be a pine. Move the fender and maybe we can see it better.

lllllllllllllllloooooooooooooollllllllllll

riverbee
Jun 5th 2012, 09:01 AM
iddee said:
"""What Is It????""
I would guess an Oak. Bark doesn't look right to be a pine. Move the fender and maybe we can see it better. "

you need to go back to tree school iddee, if i were inclined this morning i'd go out and roll that tractor fender away from the PINE tree take a pic and post it so you could get a better look at it......:lol:

perry said:
"Now I have to go clean up my spilled coffee."
well, i had to clean it off the screen perry......:grin:

some very entertaining replies, i think i shall start posting pictures of odd shaped farm equipment (and trees) just to read them:grin:

G3, it is a tractor fender from a farmall H series.

Slowmodem
Jun 5th 2012, 09:13 AM
I was gonna guess Paul Bunyon's bicycle seat.

brooksbeefarm
Jun 5th 2012, 09:17 AM
I tried to buy a pair of them at an auction one time, after i they got up to $250.00 each i let them go.:shock: Jack

riverbee
Jun 5th 2012, 09:20 AM
jack said:
"I tried to buy a pair of them at an auction one time, after i they got up to $250.00 each i let them go."

the tractor fenders or a pair of paul bunyon's bicycle seats?....:lol:

srvfantexasflood
Jun 10th 2012, 08:37 PM
It's a gnome hat!

Gypsi
Jun 10th 2012, 08:40 PM
So what is it? (I am not a farmer, obviously.)

riverbee
Jun 10th 2012, 09:14 PM
gypsi,
g3 had the first 'prize' answer, and then iddee......it is a tractor fender for a farmall h series tractor....hard to explain, just google tractor fender, farmall h series in google images and you will see pictures for this old thing :grin: