PDA

View Full Version : What happens when the wife gets involved in your hobby......

Eddy Honey
Jul 22nd 2012, 06:41 AM
.....it becomes OUR hobby! I guess she didn't approve of my "just save all your old glass jars and I'll put the honey in them" comment lol

She did a very nice job.
Now SHE wants more hives lol...it's contagious lol! :grin:

Americasbeekeeper
Jul 22nd 2012, 07:41 AM
Buy her a staple gun and paint brush! You can never have too many frames and supers ready to go.

G3farms
Jul 22nd 2012, 10:59 AM
:rolling::rolling: Thats good ABK!!

Very nice packaged honey!!

srvfantexasflood
Jul 22nd 2012, 04:38 PM
Oooohhhh! I like, I like! Very classy. Where did she get those jars from?

Eddy Honey
Jul 22nd 2012, 04:48 PM
The jars came from a local honey bee supply place.
She's waiting for the heat shrink wrap to arrive for the tops.

PerryBee
Jul 22nd 2012, 04:48 PM
Very attractive packaging, a big :thumbsup: !!!!!!

The only downside to your spouse getting involved in your hobby it that they then get some idea of what you are spending! :shock: :???: :club:

Eddy Honey
Jul 22nd 2012, 04:50 PM
Oh she already knew. She's also the secretary of the treasury. :lol:

Zeevah
Jul 22nd 2012, 05:09 PM
Very pretty and elegant!:thumbsup: What size are those jars? 8 oz?

I've had several cases of the 1 lb size for a couple years now. They're still safely packed away in the original boxes. If the weather continues like it has been for the last 3-4 years----the jars will continue to stay "safely" packed away---and empty---until, oh, 2050 or 2052 give or take a few years........:| :grin:

Eddy Honey
Jul 22nd 2012, 06:42 PM
Those are the 1 lb jars.

reidi_tim
Jul 22nd 2012, 06:58 PM
Those look good, sometimes the other half helps on their type of things. For example my wife picks out what I wear every day since I don't have uniforms any more. Got tired of " your not going to wear that " Just what I need the fashion police at seven am :mrgreen: before work.

Slowmodem
Jul 22nd 2012, 08:18 PM
Oh she already knew. She's also the secretary of the treasury. :lol:

Boy do I know THAT feeling! :wink:

Daniel Y
Jul 22nd 2012, 08:36 PM
YO, make money at Honey? I get a lot of work. My wife gets money for it. Isn't that how it is supposed to work? I'm thinkin I didn't get told the whole story or something.

gunsmith
Jul 24th 2012, 09:07 PM
"What's yours is hers.........And what's hers is hers.

efmesch
Jul 29th 2012, 06:34 AM
.....it becomes OUR hobby!
Now SHE wants more hives lol...it's contagious lol! :grin:
That's what I call a WIN_WIN situation. Count your blessings. :grin:

blueblood
Jul 29th 2012, 10:40 AM
OOOOh...very nice and professional with a personal touch. I have strongly considered using jars after seeing folks on here like Perry using them. I appreciate using plastic bottles for the pour-ability but I like the old fashioned look of jars. Some folks may be concerned about the plastic.

As for dipping the honey, I am a woodturner also and considered making my own. However, I have found sites where they can be purchased much cheaper. I found this site, http://www.craftparts.com/honey-dippers-wood-scoops-c-441.html, which was the first one I looked at when I Googled. I thought they were decently priced.

Eddy Honey
Jul 29th 2012, 06:42 PM
That's where she buys them too! They are very nice quality.

OOOOh...very nice and professional with a personal touch. I have strongly considered using jars after seeing folks on here like Perry using them. I appreciate using plastic bottles for the pour-ability but I like the old fashioned look of jars. Some folks may be concerned about the plastic.

As for dipping the honey, I am a woodturner also and considered making my own. However, I have found sites where they can be purchased much cheaper. I found this site, http://www.craftparts.com/honey-dippers-wood-scoops-c-441.html, which was the first one I looked at when I Googled. I thought they were decently priced.

blueblood
Jul 29th 2012, 08:10 PM
Ironic, but glad they are good quality...may just have to keep these in mind...

bee stung
Jul 29th 2012, 09:18 PM
we help each other with with every thing ,, and I do mean every thing ,, theres nothing we do not help each other with ,, it was my idea to get bees ,, but most of the time she is the one to push me to buy bee stuff ,, I told her I was thnking about getting out of bee keeping ,,her the kids and grand kids all told me the bees are here to stay ...

efmesch
Jul 30th 2012, 11:50 AM
,,her the kids and grand kids all told me the bees are here to stay ...
It looks like you got the sweet end of the stinger. :grin: