This forum is a ghost town - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    So Newbeek15, have we met? Maybe?

No, maybe I should do a few more hive inspections before trying to cram 3 hive visits into one trip.

Yes .. several times. Even did a cut out together a while back.

So Beeps, how is that TBH of yours doing?
    circle7 honey and pollination

Ive noticed alot of forums ive been on have taken a dive with activity, I think one issue was password resetting after a big hack, maybe that scared alot of people away from the forums..but I find lots of great info here and questions do get answered...

Blog Entries
    Both my garden and aquarium fish forums, well that I am a member of, not that I own, have also taken a nose dive. Nice to meet you here Newbeek - have another removal for february I think, going to try to trap a couple of swarms off that one first. How is your Tbar Beeps?
    No, maybe I should do a few more hive inspections before trying to cram 3 hive visits into one trip.

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well on this chilly Monday morning.

I'm open to suggestions as to how you guys think we can jump start the forum. We tried after worldwide was started but it seemed the long term members didn't want to come back so I'm at a loss as to how to get us going again.

If you would please share your ideas I would be greatly appreciative and we can talk this out to make this the best beekeeping forum on the web again!

Blog Entries
    We need new members. Ask questions, start threads. Austin, you can't do this all alone. Unless of course we put a beehive in your backyard, which is NOT a bad idea.

I agree, but I rent and they said no. I'm also not allowed to own chickens although everyone in my neighborhood has them. It's frustrating but hopefully the landlord will sell me the house sooner than later.

You guys have any thoughts on helping us get the community going again? I'm happy to do them if you do have them.

does the forum actively advertise for members in any bee magazines or within the industry?im trying to
    remember how I got to this forum, I believe another local bee keeper gave me the websight to look at..I dont think it was a google search..

No we don't. We don't advertise at all.

I think that would be a good idea. Let me talk to the team about that.

Any other suggestions?

I am on alot of forums( all different subjects) that seem to be dying a slow death, unkown if there is a new " In thing" to be on , but this isnt the only forum suffering such a down fall of activity, with all the social media outlets around I wonder if this is just old technology fading away..its a pitty as these forums offer a wealth of info..hopefully there will be an upswing in activity..

Blog Entries
    facebook has really hurt forums, and I am guilty of using it to keep up with my kids, and my bee club is on facebook, but the wealth of information that is to be had in just plain text, it isn't there.

As far as advertising, just being sure we are registered on search engines would be a good idea.

Facebook has hurt forums, that's true, but what we're seeing it s decline in new people which admittedly forums need to stay active. Most die hard forum users are still around unless they went to another site.