Glacier Theme - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glacier Theme

Re: Glacier Theme

I never liked the Glacier style, so I always use Subsilver. This morning I got a shock to see all the text noticeably smaller in Subsilver. It's a little harder to read and since there is always plenty of screen space I'm not sure why the text now needs to be smaller. I won't go to the trouble of switching text size back and forth though every time I come here.

I also have to say that for me anyway, it's annoying to have the chat at top. Between the top chat and the usual top banner, now I always have to scroll down past it before I can properly see the forum categories. I guess that's great for the people who use the chat but not good for those who don't.

Aside from those complaints, I do want to thank you for your hard work and efforts, I enjoy the forum.

It's 'tough love' for the bees here at Wayward Girl Apiary.

And here I fussed at my hubby this morning because I thought he did something to the computer to make the font smaller! I guess at least now I know I'm not the only one who is squinting at the screen.

Other than the tiny letters I really like the way it looks now!

Omie I am sorry you don't like the chat at the top, that was my suggestion to move it. Reason was several people did not even know we had a chat because they never scrolled down to the bottom of the page. I am on another forum (not bee related, welding) and did not know they had a chat for almost six months.

I really does not matter to me, just thought new folks could find it quicker.

mama beek, I have no idea how I posted inside of your post, oh well stranger things have happened I guess

G3

Hi G3,

When the chat was at bottom, lots of times it was not showing, other times I'd see it there. Not sure why that was, since I never did anything about chat anyway or clicked on its settings. I remember the first time it appeared at bottom on main page i thought Hey they never had that there before!- then it kept appeaaring and disappearing erratically- so maybe that's the problem as opposed to its location?

All the text is definitely smaller now though, even the thread headings and forum titles....it's all harder to read because of that. That's my main problem.

Yeah I have a problem with the smaller text myself, last eye exam I got the lady said it was caused by too many birthdays.

G3

With the amount of changes he made last night, there will be some bugs to work out. Keep posting your problems here and he can work on them as they come up. That's the only way he can address them all. Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry folks I had to work today so I couldn't reply earlier. Answers to the questions:

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk
    When i click on "View active topics", I get nothing. Is this happenning to others?
    There was a bug in the last version of the software that showed active topics even though I had them turned off, the bug was fixed and since I had them off they stopped showing They are turned back on, enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Omie and Mama Beek
    This morning I got a shock to see all the text noticeably smaller in Subsilver
    Bumped it back up I also bumped up the text in glacier a little too... As far as the chat appearing and disappearing, are you using a modern browser? (ie7+ firefox3+ safari3+)

Chat at the top, this is one I struggled over. I had chat at the top for a long time then moved it to the bottom when there was more chatting than posting. I've had quite a few folks ask about this so it has been moved back to the bottom. Sorry about that...

There could be more bugs so keep me informed, if you run across something that doesn't work correctly post it here or send me a PM.
    "I know because I must know, it is my purpose" - the keymaker
    Thank you to all that have made a donation!

Thank you again Charles!! You and all the folks who work behind the scenes on here sure do a wonderful job!

You need to bump glacier up one or two more fonts

In subsilver the text is a nice readable size now- comfy on the eyes. THANK YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omie
    In subsilver the text is a nice readable size now- comfy on the eyes. THANK YOU!!!!
    Your Welcome
    "I know because I must know, it is my purpose" - the keymaker
    Thank you to all that have made a donation!

Yeah, I like the larger type too.

Mark Berninghausen
    sqkcrk@yahoo.com