Need Child Size Bee Suit

Need Child Size Bee Suit

Wondering if anyone has a size 4 or perhaps I could get a size 6 to work for my daughter - she loves to help with bees but I can't have her around when I am opening the hives up because she doesn't have a suit. Or maybe you can recommend a good place to buy one?

Kristin

Re: Need Child Size Bee Suit

Try these 2 sites:

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/pr ... mber=982-6
    https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=1072

You may want to consider buying just the youth hat and veil(or the jacket with veil hood) with the wee size shoulder length gloves and dress your daughter in long pants and long sleeve shirt and tuck the shirt in and pull the socks over the pant legs.Because it won't be long before she grows out of a bee suit and you would need to go through the expense of buying the next size up.

Getting old is inevitable....Growing old is optional

That is a great idea, and much less expensive!!! Thank you very much for your help!

"Because it won't be long before she grows out of a bee suit and you need to go through the expense of buying the next size up"

AMEN! My son is on his second suit and between the first and the second I am out almost $250.

Cracker is bang on with his advice.

Ask around at your local bee club, sometimes others have one that their kids out grew and are willing to pass them around.

Kristin:
    I have 3 grand kids that love to help Papaw. I went to Home Depot and purchased Tyvek coveralls (about $10.00) in the smallest size, along with a child sized hat/veil, and gloves. The suit legs and sleeves are rolled, and duct taped. The kids love being dressed just like Papaw, and the cost is alot less than a suit. One caution however-Tyvek doesn't breathe, and can get very hot, but this is the alternative I've chosen. It works out well, though. The attention span is short enough for the 2 smallest that I can inspect 1 hive, and then change the suit over to the next kid. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Blog Entries

Nitsirk, you are a fortunate man, having grandchildren who want to join you with the bees!
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

I recently bought a childrens bee suit through Pigeon Mountain Trading Company for my son and daughter to share for about half the price of the suits in the other catalogs. It's a great little suit with veil and velcro over all zippers. My son kept showing up in the beeyard with no protection just when I was deep into my hive inspection. He just had to know what was going on in there and I decided it was worth the investment. . Size small is a little big on him and fits my daughter just right. I figure he'll grow into it and when it's too small for both of them I'll sell it to somebody else who needs it.

Blog Entries
    another vote for pigeon mountain. I bought their zip up veiled jacket and couldn't be happier with it. Granted mine was a bit larger than the kiddie size

http://www.pigeonmountaintrading.com...-bee-wear.aspx
    2013 has been the year of Queens so far

I sold my son's first suit online!

My inexpensive solution for the grandkids protective wear was a cheep windbreaker and homemade veil. I went to the dollar store and bought a mesh laundry bag ($1.00) and a bucket hat (1.00). I cut the bag to size repositioned the string closure, so the seam was not in their line of vision and sewed the mesh to the bucket hat----they can now watch the bees real close. One real concern was bees getting caught in my granddaughters long hair, so I felt I needed to be able to outfit several kids at the same time. This was a cheep enough solution.

I had a ton of difficulty with Pigeon Mountain with an order for a child's suit ... eventually I gave up altogether and in my desperate search for an alternative stumbled upon Jawadis, took a chance with an order, and couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome. Sized a little large, but it will allow my son to grow into.

I have some pics of the suit on my blog:

http://billybsbees.blogspot.com/2012...outh-suit.html