what timming

Thread: what timming

what timming

On Saturday I set up a nuc for a cell from the T1c hive for replacing the queen in the all American hive, figured I had a few days yet till the hatch but for some reason I didnt see the queen in the american hive I pulled frames of brood and food from, so over saterday night I kept wondering if I had put her in the nuc so this afternoon I went to look to make sure, and there she was, not the old queen but the new 1, the hatch was still swinging on the cell, I must have missed her coming out by minutes so I closed it up fast and figure if the old queens in there the virgins gonna kill her fast anyways and save me the trouble. figures the 1 time I didnt have the camera with me.

Remember, theres no stupid questions, just stupid screwups cause ya didnt ask

Springs a weekFalls a rumorWinters 2 weeks rest is all summer

Proud Beekeeping Forum Member (BeachBum Division)

Re: what timming

I saw T2a today and the new queens huge, very skidish though, she was runnin all over so I closed up fast and added the 2 to 1 to the top, Ill get pics next weekend, never thought I would have 2nd gen from the tree genetics this soon but I guess all you can do is kinda aim them bees in a general direction and they gonna do what bees do anyways

so now Im 7 outa 8 on raising queens not bad for my 1st year back into beeking (knocks on wood for luck) hope it keeps going like this.

Hey you are doing GREAT!
    It's 'tough love' for the bees here at Wayward Girl Apiary.

took some pics of her today for the 1st time, meet the 1st queen of the 2nd generation of the tree hive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely! You can see eggs in all the cells in that top photo, too...she's hard at work!

It's 'tough love' for the bees here at Wayward Girl Apiary.