Do bees like this? And what is it?

Blog Entries

Do bees like this? And what is it?

It's a shrub in bloom in 3 yards in 2 days. I haven't seen a bee on it, but bees in Dallas-Fort Worth are pretty scarce, too many pesticides, and one yard was Dallas, 2 were Fort Worth. Going to upload a pic. It is in bloom, but before I find a shrub in my local nursery, I need to know if bees like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mystery_flower.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	2979

No, maybe I should do a few more hive inspections before trying to cram 3 hive visits into one trip.

Blog Entries
    Look for bees on it at different times of the day. It's amazing how some plants will produce nectar only at certain times and then the bees will have a field day. Other hours they just dry up. The bees know this and don't waste their time looking.
    I can't say this statement applies to this particular shrub--I can't identify it from your picture--but it's a principle worth noting.

Why don't you just plant flowers that you know bees love and fruit trees as I am doing, I have planted a couply of blue berry and an apple tree, going to plant a few more fruit trees when I get some bad plants removed.

Kebee

that's Loropetalum!

The bees like some more flowers such as sunflower, aster, poppies, clover, etc.

Save Bees!!