Removals - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Removals

Re: Removals

Since the platform legs would be on the stairway, and their tenant uses those stairs, I opted for screwing a couple of boards to the side of the house and attaching the platform to those.

Yes, Iddee, I plan to spend some time looking for other holes. Thanks for the pm.

i thought you all mite enjoy this one. I got a bee call for a swarm that had settled at a local walmart i got home about 9 that evening just getting dark when my son gave me the message i had to go to st Louis early in the morning so i headed out and went to get the swarm it was on a pallet of shelving almost to the top of the store. and a fair sized swarm I got the ladder and set a nuc box over the top of the bees and they started to crawl up into the box. while stand up there waiting on them to get into the box a walmart asset protection employee came with a fork lift and said i couldn't be standing on the top row of shelving because of store policy so he went and got a fork lift and moved the pallet of shelving to the ground. it sure would have been nice if they had done this earlier but no one wanted to do it for fear of being stung but once i was up there without a veil hiving the bees they decided they might be safe. stick with me now heres the kicker. I climb down the ladder and he slowly lowered the pallet to the ground he has the headlights on on the fork lift so i told him he had better turn them off as bees at night are attracted to light. after i finished hiving the swarm. he was telling me that the night before a load of bees had pulled into the parking lot about 8:30 for the night he had to go and run off the trucker and tell him he cant stay there about 30 minutes after he had arrrived. it wasnt the beees the walmart store has a no truck parking policy. with that being said what do you bet i got a box full of queenless lost bees that got left behind when he left. oh well got 40 bucks in my pocket and some bees i can use to boost a weak swarm i picked up the night before. i will give them a few days to see if there might by a slim chance a queen

Well, some bees is better than no bees! And you got 40 bucks too! Good for you!!!

As long as you don't try to knife them on federal property.

goodmorning iddee they had they knife out of my possession in seconds without force well its off to the shrine hosipital and then the 7 hour drive home

Just joined this site. Live in Murfreesboro, TN. I have completed a lot of cutouts this year.

3 from trees: 1 already down, 1 called because crew wouldn't work with bees (screened off entrances) and 1 from a cedar tree that I cut down (owner wanted both done).

3 from apartment buildings: 2 were behind stone facade and 1 of those was 20' up.

4 (that I can think of) from homes: 1 from a house built in 1920 and the bees were at least 24' up from the ground. Did everything on that one from inside.

Trapouts: 2

Swarms: 3 or 4 (that were not mine). 1 at night at a FedEx Ground terminal.

Hoping to do 1 in SC and 1 in CT next year. Both are jobs that no one will tackle. SC job the bees have been there continuously since 1980.

Enjoy cutouts but they are hard, hot and at times dangerous. Sometimes it's best to say no than to take a job that will potential kill you or break a lot of bones.
    De Colores, Ken

Blog Entries
    And that is the end of the thread. Wow. What was with the knife on federal property?

The older I get, the better I get at doing the right thing, letting it go, and lounging in my computer chair going, gee, I should do some work! Bees are plumb easy when you have been through as much as I have.