Sounding better and better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to G3farms For This Useful Post:

wayne,
    good news! hang in there yourself and still, "thinkin'/wishin'/prayin' "

i keep wild things in a box ....
    if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn

4. The Following User Says Thank You to riverbee For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks for news...It means allot to us knowing you have taken precious moments aside to drop a line on how he is doing. I remember how upside down my thinking was back in 2004 when I just about lost my wife to a severe infection...spent 8 days in ICU and 6 more days in another part of the hospital for surgery. My life was absolutely on hold..nothing else mattered but her for those stressful life altering days. Remember to take care of yourself and eat...sending more prayer up to the big Guy....Dave
    "Dave"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blueblood For This Useful Post:

A bad day for Ronnie yesterday. While the therapy / rehab people were working with him, they sat him in a chair with a walker in front of him. They were helping him stand up from the chair when he fell and hit on both knees, the good one and the bad one. Excruciating pain caused him to black out. He was resting under sedation when I left. At 9 p.m. no results from the CT scans and X-rays.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

Sorry to hear. A temporary set back. Well wishes and thoughts here to lift him and his spirits up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PerryBee For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear , but I would be having some strong words to the therapy dept head, they should not have let him fall

Hopefully he recovers quickly, sounds like he is a fighter.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zulu For This Useful Post:

I second what Zulu said, in rehab they should have been someone on each side of him to prevent him from falling.

Sounds like he is wanting out of there and is a fighter for sure.

Good thoughts and prays sent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to G3farms For This Useful Post:

Well,luckily Ronnie survived the fall without any "major damage" (words of the doctor) and is being moved to a rehab facility for the next 7 days for rehab / therapy and then an evaluation of where he is and what to do next. Ronnie is happy to be moving to rehab. He's ready to go home.

You would not believe how much better the personal care got for Ronnie (and his immediate family) since the fall. Wonder why?

On a side note: I was talking with the director of nursing for the MCU (managed care unit) floor that Ronnie is on and she told me of the 30 patients they have now, 10 of them are there because of a motorcycle accident of some kind or other.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

That's a good news Wayne It's clear that he is a fighter, hope you report, he is recovering fast.
    I have always preferred to read authors who tell how they do things, rather then those who tell how things should be done... Jay Smith

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marbees For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bamabww View Post
    Ronnie is happy to be moving to rehab. He's ready to go home.

On a side note: I was talking with the director of nursing for the MCU (managed care unit) floor that Ronnie is on and she told me of the 30 patients they have now, 10 of them are there because of a motorcycle accident of some kind or other.
    I'm glad he is progressing and things are looking up. My wife made me sell my bike before she would marry me, guess it was wise of her, but boy, that bike was fun.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jim314 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    He is in the care of a higher power, sending good thoughts and prayers.

Having survived marriage to one motorcyclist, I'd not repeat the experience myself. I learned to drive a "3 on the tree" van the day he cracked his collar bone. Too much excitement for me.
    The older I get, the better I get at doing the right thing, letting it go, and lounging in my computer chair going, gee, I should do some work! Bees are plumb easy when you have been through as much as I have.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsi For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabww View Post
    ou would not believe how much better the personal care got for Ronnie (and his immediate family) since the fall. Wonder why?
    It sounds like the "cup" spilled when it was half full and has now been filled to full.
    May you all soon merit seeing your "cup runneth over"
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

22. The Following User Says Thank You to efmesch For This Useful Post:

I've been riding since I was 15. I'm 57 now and I sold my last bike yesterday after my wife and I witnessed a rider and his passenger get killed right in front of our house. We tried to help stop the bleeding and comfort them but they both died. I won't go into detail but I've seen enough now to know I'm done.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.com

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharlieB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Yeap, Charlie I have responded to countless cycle fatalities over my 13 years of law enforcement...I am numb now but it still squeezes the heck out of my stomach...Many officers have sold their cycles since I have been on the department. And, unfortunately, most of the crashes were not the cyclist fault....
    "Dave"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to blueblood For This Useful Post:

Update on Ronnie: Had a full morning of therapy, both physical and mental, and was very tired this afternoon. He was alert and watching TV when I arrived. Still sedated and drifted in and out of sleep while I was there. Jo Ann, his wife, told me he's still having problems with his memory. The therapist would say three or five words and ask him to repeat them after she finished. He could get the three words but not the five. They are going to do a scan of his head again to verify no physical damage.

He may come home sooner than expected / needed. So far his insurance has only approved 3 days of therapy, so he may come home Friday, ready or not. Decision will be made Friday morning.

Healthsouth took all the bandages off that H'sville Hospital staff had put on to see his wounds for themselves and took pictures of everywhere there was damage done from the accident. His compound fracture wound has opened up but my wife, a surgery nurse, said it may have been done that way on purpose to allow the wound to drain, aid in treating infection etc.

They also discovered a second degree burn, probably caused by the exhaust pipe on the bike, that the hospital staff had taped over without any treatment / padding. When Healthsouth removed the bandages, the tape pulled the blister open and now he has a raw place the size of your hand on the side of his leg.

Ronnie told me to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I appreciate it very much also.

Bamabww (Wayne)