Thoughts and Prayers needed - Page 4

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear he's making progress.

2013 has been the year of Queens so far

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Papakeith For This Useful Post:

It is very hard to repeat five words when you are heavily sedated, good thing they removed bandages and found that burn, so it will be treated. Best wishes for fast recovery.

I have always preferred to read authors who tell how they do things, rather then those who tell how things should be done... Jay Smith

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marbees For This Useful Post:

wayne,
    still thinking about your bro, you and your family, as gypsi said:
    "He is in the care of a higher power, sending good thoughts and prayers."
    i keep wild things in a box ....
    if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to riverbee For This Useful Post:

Update on Ronnie White: Spent about an hour with him Saturday afternoon and he is much better. Leg is still hurting almost unbearably but they have unwired his mouth, we don't know for how long, and that enables him to eat (almost) regular food. He still has limited movement in his jaws and the therapist are worried about all the movement while he's eating but the dental surgeon is out of town and they won't know anything different till Monday.
    In the meantime, Ronnie is eating anything he can get.

The pain medicine and the sleeping pill they have been giving him causes him to be very restless especially at night so last night they backed off on one them some and he slept much better. They have also put him in a bed that is like a "screened tent" that Jo Ann can zip up and help keep him in the bed at night. Jo Ann said the nurse threatened to put him in a wheelchair and roll him down by the nurse's desk if he didn't stay in the bed tonight.

But his color is back and he's more awake and actually called our dad and talked with him on the phone. I felt better after leaving him today than any other day since the accident.

He and Jo Ann both wanted me to thank everyone for their prayers, cards and support of them during this time. I appreciate everything and every prayer very much as well. He still has a long way to go but I saw definite progress today.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

WOO HOO!! Sounds like some good progress, when they start getting cranky they are getting better.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to G3farms For This Useful Post:

Great news Happy for your brother, and your family.
    If I may say, slow down a little and take care of yourself, the toll on you is much higher then you may know at the moment.
    Don't ask how I know
    I have always preferred to read authors who tell how they do things, rather then those who tell how things should be done... Jay Smith

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marbees For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    How's Ronnie's memory recovering. Keep him (and Jo Ann) well fed. All progress reports are appreciated. We continue to do what we can from a distance.
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

13. The Following User Says Thank You to efmesch For This Useful Post:

Good news, and like Marbees said, don't forget about yourself. Stress can take a huge toll as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PerryBee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by efmesch View Post
    How's Ronnie's memory recovering. Keep him (and Jo Ann) well fed. All progress reports are appreciated. We continue to do what we can from a distance.
    His memory is some better. They are spending 2.5 hours in physical therapy each morning and 1 hour in mental therapy. the first couple of days in the memory test he couldn't remember the fourth word in a string of words. Foe example, the therapist would say " dog, pony, cat" and ask him to repeat the words in the same order. He could always do 3 words but never 4 words. Now, 3 days into the mental therapy, he can get the 4th word 50% of the time so he is improving.

Thanks for asking and for everything you've done is appreciated.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

Blog Entries
    I have a nice motorcycle helmet. I rode passenger in 2008, probably will never wear that helmet again. And while I know how to shift a bike, and am theoretically capable of riding, I live in Dallas Fort Worth, and my little Mazda got hit 3 times and spun across a highway last year. If I'd been on a bike, well I wouldn't be here. The car flung by the semi would have killed me on contact.

Hope all will be well and he recovers. But I'm with Charlie on this one. Most bike accidents may be caused by other vehicles, but the person on the bike is the most likely to incur serious harm.

In the hands of a Higher Power....

Gypsi
    The older I get, the better I get at doing the right thing, letting it go, and lounging in my computer chair going, gee, I should do some work! Bees are plumb easy when you have been through as much as I have.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsi For This Useful Post:

Wayne glad to hear he is doing better.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zulu For This Useful Post:

Update on Ronnie: They have told Ronnie he can go home this Friday, July 13th, if all things continue as they have so far this week. He has improved dramatically over the weekend. When I say that I'm judging from where he was the day after surgery. He still can't move his hurt leg without help, but once he has it hanging off the side of the bed, he can use a walker and get around enough to at least go to the bathroom. That milestone did wonders for his attitude and outlook.
    They have completely removed the wires from his mouth, something I don't understand because the first report said wired shut for 3 or 4 weeks, but told him not to try and chew anything harder than creamed potatoes. So his meal menu has improved greatly as well although limited to soft foods.
    They still haven't gotten control of his blood sugar, still running high each time they check it. They are giving him insulin on a sliding scale now to control it. Diabetes runs in our family but Ronnie has never had any problems at all with high blood sugar until this accident. Maybe the trauma from the wreck damaged the pancreas and set this off, I'm not sure and so far neither are the doctors.
    His leg still hurts, in his words, terrible.
    Doing better in all test now mentally and physically.
    He told me tonight to thank everyone for their prayers and concern. We appreciate it very much.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

Great news!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Wayne, your positive reports encourage us to continue doing what we can to participate in Ronniie's recovery. May it continue to progress steadily until he is back to normal.
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

25. The Following User Says Thank You to efmesch For This Useful Post:

Good news !!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jim314 For This Useful Post: