Thoughts and Prayers needed - Page 7

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear he is still progressing back to full health.

2013 has been the year of Queens so far

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Papakeith For This Useful Post:

Glad to hear about the progress. Prayers continuing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gunsmith For This Useful Post:

I am glad to hear that he is making such a wonderful recovery. Sending continued good wishes and aloha to your family! The body is an amazing thing, it sounds like he is mending remarkably!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vermillion For This Useful Post:

axel continue progression towards good health, congratulate him on getting out of the hospital. continued good luck and best wishes ,and as always our prayers are with him and his family .
    Barry
    North Florida aka Southern Georgia Division
    Is it true??? If a man is alone in the woods, and a lady isn't there to hear him and he speaks, is he still wrong?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barry42001 For This Useful Post:

Update on Ronnie:

Doctor has released him to eat anything he can chew now. He said it still hurts to chew harder food but it's getting better. (No steaks yet!) He has learned how to get from his hospital style bed into a wheel chair and that has helped him considerably. They have rearranged the furniture so he can get to the bathroom and kitchen in his wheelchair and we have it fixed where he can get outside on his porch. I find him sitting out there a lot of the time when I visit.
    His leg still aches but the sharp pain is gone for the most part. He still has trouble sleeping at night and I wonder if he's dozing so much during the day that it's causing the problem. He doesn't think so and the doctors have given him some sleeping pills to try.
    All in all a good report and he's much improved over the past 3 weeks. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

just catching up wayne, thanks for the update......

btw, i think i'd be sitting on the porch too!
    i keep wild things in a box ....
    if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn

11. The Following User Says Thank You to riverbee For This Useful Post:

Update on Ronnie from last Friday, 8-31-12: Doctor says everything is on or ahead of schedule. He wants Ronnie to try and put his weight gradually on the hurt leg while supporting himself with a walker. He is supposed to stand and start with his toes and then little by little over the next month, get to where he can put the foot of his hurt leg flat on the floor. Once he can do that just standing still, he will move to crutches. Doctor has determined the repaired leg will be an inch and a half shorter than the other one. I don't understand that because while in the initial surgery the doctors inserted two titanium rods in his leg, one on the upper bone and one on the lower bone to support the bone while it mended back together. There was two inches of the upper leg bone missing and they had to fill in, ever how they do it, with bone from his pelvis bone. Looks like to me that a little measuring would have been done to get the repaired leg stretched to normal length by the correct rod lengths but I'm not a doctor or surgeon but it just looks like that should have / could have been done at that time.

Ronnie and family all doing well and he sends his appreciation and thanks for your prayers and thoughts on his behalf. And I really appreciate it also. Thanks very much.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

He is still in our thoughts.
    Greg Whitehead
    Euchee, TN

Watts Bar Weather

Greg's Bee Adventure

At this point, everything I do is an experiment!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowmodem For This Useful Post:

We'll keep him on the prayer list at church. Each Sunday someone in the congregation asks about him. Thanks for the update.

Walt
    Having Fun With Nature
    http://www.rgf-tx.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt B For This Useful Post:

Ronnie got some bad news today. The dentist told him his jaws had not healed correctly. His bite is not correct and he has had trouble chewing. They are determining the best course of action but either one requires re-breaking the jaws.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

Blog Entries
    A definite setback--I was hoping to hear how he managed that steak. But Ronnie has what it takes. a setback is "merely" a setback. He'll get that bite into perfect order and in due time forget all about the troubles along the way. I guess my prayers need improvement too. I'll keep trying.
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

19. The Following User Says Thank You to efmesch For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    hopefully the docs get it right on the second go-round.
    2013 has been the year of Queens so far

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Papakeith For This Useful Post:

wayne, some flowers for your brother, best way i know how to send them!

i keep wild things in a box ....
    if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn

23. The Following User Says Thank You to riverbee For This Useful Post:

The doctor has told Ronnie it's time to be more aggressive with rehab. He is on crutches now and is trying to put as much weight as possible on the leg without just unbearable pain. Doctor said it would hurt but it was time to strengthen the leg muscles as it begins final healing. The small bone in the lower leg has not healed yet but the big bone in the upper leg has mended back very well. The damaged leg will be at least an inch and a half shorter than normal and they are planning on measuring it on 10-5-12 to build a walking boot for it as rehab continues.

I don't understand that when they had to insert two rods in the leg during original surgery. Why didn't they get it a little closer than an inch and a half then? I don't know.

The oral surgeon, whatever he's called, has taken measurements of his jaws and photos to develop a plan to make the jaws align better. He is consulting a team of doctors in Pittsburg who are supposedly the experts at that and will have their suggestions next month for re-doing his mouth.

Thanks again for remembering him. We're having a BBQ today and he plans to attend.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bamabww For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabww View Post
    Thanks again for remembering him. We're having a BBQ today and he plans to attend.
    I haven't forgotten him, to be able to remember him. Ronnie (רונאל יוסף בן צרופה) is with me EVERY day.

Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efmesch For This Useful Post: