Tuesday's trapout

Tuesday's trapout

We set this one up Tuesday. Here's a link to the pics on Photobucket, as more will be added as the trap progresses. Checked it today and the box is full and bearding. We will try to trade it out tomorrow.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ss%20Plastics/

Great series of pics Iddee. I like the rig for hanging the trap-out box too.

Trap finished and removed on Aug. 29. Plenty of bees, and queen laying fine.

Blog Entries
    Nice! I like the hanging rig too. Okay, what was the story with going shirtless. I may have missed it somewhere along the way or it was before my time.... Or, is it still simply southern fried hot there.....

BB, we do most of our removals and trapouts shirtless. We get stung most often when a bee gets inside and can't get out, or lands on our shirt and we don't know it is there. We mash it and get stung. Shirtless, we can feel them and not mash them. They just land, then fly away.

Blog Entries
    Actually that makes a lot of sense. I have trained myself as a new bee keeper to resist swatting something that has landed on my body. But, I am not sure I would have the will power to keep from grabbing something crawling down my shirt.....

Don't worry BB.

Last year I was wearing full battle gear. Early this year, I cut back to an inspectors jacket w/gloves. In June-I got volunteered into teaching a class on hive inspection to a class of newbees, I thought I had prepared. Guess what-no gloves. I taught the class without gloves, and had no problems. Now, I'm to the point where I still carry the suit, gloves and all. I usually only put on a veil.

Don Kuchenmeister (Fatbeeman) doesn't wear gloves, veil, or any other protective gear, but Iddee scares me with the shirtless beekeeping. ...

Blog Entries
    I may get to the point where I don't wear gloves. I'm keeping my shirt and suit on though. I have noticed the bees only seem to strike my veil when I am in their hives. Maybe that is because they home in on our breath.

Im down to just a jacket with veil, no gloves, sometimes shorts and flipflops, cut-outs are a dif story, full gear
    Remember, theres no stupid questions, just stupid screwups cause ya didnt ask

Springs a weekFalls a rumorWinters 2 weeks rest is all summer

Proud Beekeeping Forum Member (BeachBum Division)

A full suit (keep forgetting to zip up the veil though), next purchase down the road will be just a jacket. Ran out of nitrile gloves a while back and have gone gloveless since. Took 2 to the fingers right off today, and just kept going. They still hurt but the after effects are usually gone in minutes.

Blog Entries
    Zoo...I agree with you on cut outs...especially ones involving chain saws, ha! That is how I got stung through the suit...I can't imagine what would have happened if I was half naked doing one...