Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anticipation...

Blog Entries

Anticipation...

Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 08/22/2012, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Northumberland, PA, United States, Monday, 08/20/2012

Woo Hoo thats my extractor on the way!! Looks like I will be extracting Honey this weekend! I'll take Video!

Twas two nights before Christmas
    and all through the house,
    Not a creature was stirring..............
    Except Don who was tossing and turning, checking every few hours to see if the extractor was still on time!

Been there buddy, know how it feels!

Blog Entries
    Right on! Like the poem Perry....

Blog Entries
    One year I want to need an extractor. I suspect I'll have to move to the midwest to get there. And personally I am getting very irritated with Texas.
    The older I get, the better I get at doing the right thing, letting it go, and lounging in my computer chair going, gee, I should do some work! Bees are plumb easy when you have been through as much as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcJr View Post
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 08/22/2012, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Northumberland, PA, United States, Monday, 08/20/2012

Woo Hoo thats my extractor on the way!! Looks like I will be extracting Honey this weekend! I'll take Video!
    Cool, enjoy watching that honey hitting the side of the extractor and sliding down to the bottom opening and draining into your strainer

Blog Entries
    That's funny Perry!

Gypsi...just make sure you line up a good job if ya move up this way! And buy a snowblower! I couldn't ever live somewhere without 4 seasons...

Woo hoo! Now the only problem is I get the Extractor the day before the house addition starts...gonna be a busy bee!

a snip..
    And buy a snowblower!

tecumseh:
    oh no!

another snip..
    I couldn't ever live somewhere without 4 seasons...

tecumseh:
    as my momma use to say 'even a duck is smart enough to fly south come winter time'.

I look forward to seeing the video of your first extracted honey.

gypsi said:
    "One year I want to need an extractor. I suspect I'll have to move to the midwest to get there. And personally I am getting very irritated with Texas."
    that is too funny gypsi!

tec says:
    "as my momma use to say 'even a duck is smart enough to fly south come winter time'."

tec, you don't know what you and the ducks are missing up here ....you can leave your snowblower (and shovels) parked on the roof, especially if you live in northern michigan or where perry does.......

don, looking forward to an update!
    i keep wild things in a box ....
    Proud Beekeeping Forums SQUIRT Member......if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn

Blog Entries
    Selected two pics, both taken in February, different years.--The first, on a winter visit to my parents OBM in Chicago (-15 F). I had to shovel the sidewalk in front of their home about 6 times that day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010518.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	5175
    The second, on a "winter" tour with my wife in Israel (about 20 C=68 F)

Name:	P1020475.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	5176
    Spare me those four distinct seasons.
    Proud member of the Beekeeping Forums,
    (middle-east division)
    From the land flowing with milk and HONEY

Blog Entries
    Still set for delivery tomorrow!

Snow is fun! Also they'd be no maple syrup for me if I lived where its warm all the time! Blah!

Name:	Tractor1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	5182

I love winter... ...and miss the clear winter skies of Minnesota (we lived there for 8 years). It didn't matter that it was -10F, it was sunny! Minnesota winters are GLORIOUS!

My anticipation is similar... ...Invoices have been sent for my recent cut-outs. As soon as the check arrives, my order for a Maxant 3100H will be sent...
    Sincerely,
    Paul E. Turley

"...floats like a Lepidoptera, stings like a Hymenoptera".
    David Hyde Pierce in "Fraser" (Season 3, Episode 17).

Time to get spinning! Have fun!
    Greg Whitehead
    Euchee, TN

Watts Bar Weather

Greg's Bee Adventure

At this point, everything I do is an experiment!

Blog Entries
    Scheduled Delivery: Wednesday, 08/22/2012, By End of Day

Last Location: Port Huron, MI, United States, Wednesday, 08/22/2012

Woo Hoo! I'm gonna have my new toy today!

a long time ago riverbee I referenced my momma's saying to an old beekeeper who had hired me to help move bees south from North Dakota late in the fall of the year. I rode with him in his truck from Texas to North Dakota and learned a lot of small details related to bee keeping along the way. As we pulled into the very small North Dakota town of New England small flakes started to fall and when they began to fall a bit thicker I informed him that their was no need for him to take me to the boarding house where we stayed but to just take me by the Greyhound bus station for certainly the snow was a sign from god that I should head back south. I of course was kidding him but did go by the local farm coop store and bought myself a pair of Carhart coveralls.

great pictures of yourself ef, and nice tractor there don! oooohhhh you guys, that snow stuff will be here too soon, makes me shiver looking at them!

paul says:
    "and miss the clear winter skies of Minnesota (we lived there for 8 years). It didn't matter that it was -10F, it was sunny! Minnesota winters are GLORIOUS!"

paul, what planet are you on, i think your brain was freeze dried when you lived in Minnesota, it ain't glorious.....two seasons......SWAT AND SHOVEL

tec having been to new england, north dakota myself during snow season, i think i would have headed back south to texas.....!
    roads, when it snowed, well, what road, in some areas, the roads would be just a 'tunnel' to drive through and hope you didn't meet someone coming from the other direction
    wise choice on the carharts!

don, let us know when you get that extractor spinning! maybe some video?!

i keep wild things in a box ....
    Proud Beekeeping Forums SQUIRT Member......if you obey the rules you miss all the fun..... katherine hepburn