County Misquito Spraying

County Misquito Spraying

Hi,
    Won't be too much longer until the county starts spraying for misquito's. I am certian that this isn't good for the bees, but is it as harmful as gyspy moth spraying for example, know depends on whats being used, but either way not good for the bees I would think. Most the fogging done at night.
    Barry

North Florida aka Southern Georgia Division
    Is it true??? If a man is alone in the woods, and a lady isn't there to hear him and he speaks, is he still wrong?

Re: County Misquito Spraying

Here in Coastal Carolina, you can call the county and they will not spray along your property. They spray only early am and late pm, but I feel better when I see that mosquito truck turn off the spray when they get to my property line and speed past my place before they turn it back on.

When I lived in MS. I kept 35 hives within 100 feet of the road. They sprayed regularly, but well after dark. I never saw a problem, nor noticed any drop in bees. I don't know what they used, except it was for mosquitoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iddee
    When I lived in MS. I kept 35 hives within 100 feet of the road. They sprayed regularly, but well after dark. I never saw a problem, nor noticed any drop in bees. I don't know what they used, except it was for mosquitoes.
    good to hear... they will be spraying in GA as well