Can I add comb with brood from a cutout to weak hive

Can I add comb with brood from a cutout to weak hive

I am doing a cutout today and wonder if I can take some comb with brood and nurse bee's from the coutout and add it to the weak hive? Will they fight? It would really help.

Re: Can I add coumb with brood from a cutout to weak hive

You can add brood anytime with no problem. House bees attached will fight less than older bees, but may have some fighting. If too many are added without preventive measures, they could possibly kill your queen.

Mix some 1 to 1 sugar water and add a few drops of essential oil. "wintergreen, lemongrass, or similar". Even vanilla extract will work. Don't use almond extract. It smells like bee-quick and may cause all the bees to leave. Spray both the hive bees and the cut out bees. This will mask the hive scent and they will accept the strangers by the time it wears off.

Re: Can I add comb with brood from a cutout to weak hive

Regarding "adding comb" from a cutout. Does anyong have any trick keeping smaller comb from cutouts on the top bar?
    My last cutout I banded some into the frames but it fell to the bottom of the frames. Once the bees ate through the rubber bands they didnt have enough support to stay upright. Now I have 5-6 frames w/ fallen comb in my deep

Beehunter, have you tried string? here's a decent picture with some small pieces of comb:

http://davesbeeadventure.blogspot.co...rant-comb.html
    "I know because I must know, it is my purpose" - the keymaker
    Thank you to all that have made a donation!

I can see that would bee sturdier than rubber bands yes thx