Anticipation...

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by DonMcJr, Aug 20, 2012.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 08/22/2012, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Northumberland, PA, United States, Monday, 08/20/2012

Woo Hoo thats my extractor on the way!! Looks like I will be extracting Honey this weekend! I'll take Video!:cool:

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Twas two nights before Christmas
    and all through the house,
    Not a creature was stirring..............
    Except Don who was tossing and turning, checking every few hours to see if the extractor was still on time! :lol: :thumbsup: :rolling:

Been there buddy, know how it feels! :mrgreen:

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Right on! Like the poem Perry....:grin:

4. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

One year I want to need an extractor. I suspect I'll have to move to the midwest to get there. And personally I am getting very irritated with Texas.

5. jim314

jim314 New Member

Cool, enjoy watching that honey hitting the side of the extractor and sliding down to the bottom opening and draining into your strainer :)

6. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

That's funny Perry!

Gypsi...just make sure you line up a good job if ya move up this way! And buy a snowblower! I couldn't ever live somewhere without 4 seasons...

Woo hoo! Now the only problem is I get the Extractor the day before the house addition starts...gonna be a busy bee!

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    And buy a snowblower!

tecumseh:
    oh no!

another snip..
    I couldn't ever live somewhere without 4 seasons...

tecumseh:
    as my momma use to say 'even a duck is smart enough to fly south come winter time'.

I look forward to seeing the video of your first extracted honey.

8. riverbee

riverbee New Member

gypsi said:
    "One year I want to need an extractor. I suspect I'll have to move to the midwest to get there. And personally I am getting very irritated with Texas."
    :lol: that is too funny gypsi!

tec says:
    "as my momma use to say 'even a duck is smart enough to fly south come winter time'."

tec, you don't know what you and the ducks are missing up here :grin:....you can leave your snowblower (and shovels) parked on the roof, especially if you live in northern michigan or where perry does.......

don, looking forward to an update!

9. efmesch

efmesch New Member

Selected two pics, both taken in February, different years.--The first, on a winter visit to my parents OBM in Chicago (-15 F). I had to shovel the sidewalk in front of their home about 6 times that day.
    P1010518.JPG
    The second, on a "winter" tour with my wife in Israel (about 20 C=68 F)
    P1020475.JPG
    Spare me those four distinct seasons. :grin:

10. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Still set for delivery tomorrow!

Snow is fun! Also they'd be no maple syrup for me if I lived where its warm all the time! Blah!
    Tractor1.jpg

11. pturley

pturley New Member

I love winter... ...and miss the clear winter skies of Minnesota (we lived there for 8 years). It didn't matter that it was -10F, it was sunny! Minnesota winters are GLORIOUS!

My anticipation is similar... ...Invoices have been sent for my recent cut-outs. As soon as the check arrives, my order for a Maxant 3100H will be sent...

12. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Time to get spinning! Have fun! :D

13. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Scheduled Delivery: Wednesday, 08/22/2012, By End of Day

Last Location: Port Huron, MI, United States, Wednesday, 08/22/2012

Woo Hoo! I'm gonna have my new toy today!

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a long time ago riverbee I referenced my momma's saying to an old beekeeper who had hired me to help move bees south from North Dakota late in the fall of the year. I rode with him in his truck from Texas to North Dakota and learned a lot of small details related to bee keeping along the way. As we pulled into the very small North Dakota town of New England small flakes started to fall and when they began to fall a bit thicker I informed him that their was no need for him to take me to the boarding house where we stayed but to just take me by the Greyhound bus station for certainly the snow was a sign from god that I should head back south. I of course was kidding him but did go by the local farm coop store and bought myself a pair of Carhart coveralls.

15. riverbee

riverbee New Member

great pictures of yourself ef, and nice tractor there don! oooohhhh you guys, that snow stuff will be here too soon, makes me shiver looking at them!

paul says:
    "and miss the clear winter skies of Minnesota (we lived there for 8 years). It didn't matter that it was -10F, it was sunny! Minnesota winters are GLORIOUS!"

paul, what planet are you on, i think your brain was freeze dried when you lived in Minnesota, it ain't glorious.....two seasons......SWAT AND SHOVEL :lol:

tec having been to new england, north dakota myself during snow season, i think i would have headed back south to texas.....!
    roads, when it snowed, well, what road, in some areas, the roads would be just a 'tunnel' to drive through and hope you didn't meet someone coming from the other direction :grin:
    wise choice on the carharts!

don, let us know when you get that extractor spinning! maybe some video?!

16. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I took the liberty of calling your delivery company and had the shipment re-routed to my house. This way it will be safe until you get out this way to pick it up.
    You just can't be too cautious with strange shipments and since I have experience with having an extractor delivered...well....:lol:

17. riverbee

riverbee New Member

(eddy honey)
    "I took the liberty of calling your delivery company and had the shipment re-routed to my house. This way it will be safe until you get out this way to pick it up.
    You just can't be too cautious with strange shipments and since I have experience with having an extractor delivered...well....:lol:"

:rotfl:

18. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

You guys are funny!

Here it is!

Attached Files:

19. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Oooooo, so nice and shiny...very nice! I bet your shaking in anticipation to extract!

20. Iddee

Iddee New Member

DonMcjr, I lived in Il. for 10 years. There and Mi. are 4 seasons. July 15 through 31_spring.
    Aug.1 through 15= summer.
    Aug. 16 through Aug. 31= fall.
    Sept. 1 through July 14- winter.

NO THANKS