Arthritis

Discussion in 'Bee Medicinals' started by Iddee, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I ran out of medicine two weeks ago. Couldn't get into the doctor until today. Sunday was 66 degrees and sunny. The bees were flying.I put two stings directly on my backbone an inch apart.

Within 5 minutes, I was standing straight for the first time in two weeks. Put my walking cane in the truck and began checking hives. No more pain until yesterday. Now it's too cold for them to fly, so it's back on the pills I got today.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

their stings are also great for joint stiffness in you hands. sometimes I expose one hand and sometimes the other when I do inspections. my hands are now much more flexible than they were a decade ago when I gave up remodeling.

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Methinks iddee needs a year-round observation hive, for medicinal purposes.

I think the fact that bee venom works is amazing. I do not understand it, because bee stings make me swell up (a little) and itch like crazy.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Thanks Hobie,i was wondering what made my belly swell up this winter.Don't remember getting stung there though. :confused: . Jack

5. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

I am with you Iddee
    I get stiff in winter can't wait for my bee medicine
    Don

6. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Hobie, the swelling and itching just means that your immune system is running properly!
    Jack, my belly swells up in the winter too. Usually because I do more sitting than at other times of the year. :D

7. Omie

Omie New Member

So the two stings helped you for about two weeks then?

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No, the stings just happened Sunday. I had been hurting for about two weeks. By Tues. I was ready for another sting, which I didn't get due to the weather. I went to the doctor Tues. and got a new medicine. It seems to be working. I will likely get off the pills in Mar. or Apr. when I start receiving stings on a regular basis.

9. Omie

Omie New Member

How great a factor is it- the location where you get the stings as opposed to where the pain is? Will a sting on your knee help pains in your neck for instance?

10. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Omie, I think it has to be close to the pain, since he gets stung regularly and I've been a pain in his neck for about 55 years, :lol:

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

One way it works is to draw your body's attention "and anti-bodies" to the area. The closer to the pain, the better it works.

12. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

when you got pain every where /where do you start?my problem in winter I am not working bees and get real stiff joints hurt. seems any where I would get stung relieves pain thru whole body. longer you work bees it will take more stings to get relieve
    :beg: :drinks: .

13. indigoeye

indigoeye New Member

This is interesting as I was just reading a book about apitherapy using bee stings in a similar way as acupunture to stimulate pain relief as well as joint function.

For what ever that is worth to you guys.

14. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

15. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

I was a skeptic, but now I'm a believer. I do tile setting and have to grip my tools and materials all day long. I had joint pain and stiffness in several of my finger joints. I never wore gloves from the get go when I started keeping bees last year. I got about a dozen stings in my hands over the course of last summer, which was enough to make all my pain go away. It took most of the winter for the pain to come back. Now with just a couple of stings it's gone again. All of these were accidental stings, mostly to my finger tips. I may consider targeted stings if the accidental ones cease to be effective in the future.

16. efmesch

efmesch New Member

In this case, who gets the stings to provide relief, Iddee or you ?

17. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

My girlfriend is a hairstylist. She has developed arthritis in her thumbs. 3 days ago she let me sting her in the lower knuckle of her thumb. The first night it was sore. By the morning you couldn't tell she was stung. Today, she said that the arthritis is still hurting. Does it take more than one sting? I was really hoping for this to work.

18. RayMarler

RayMarler New Member

Yes, sometimes it does take more than one.
    Even a muscle sting in the outside upper arm helps me some, for the back nerve pains.
    I sting my fingers and toes when needed, seems to help me out.

19. Iddee

Iddee New Member

For my wife, 1 or 2stings works. For me, it takes 3 to 5. Every sting, every person, and every ailment are different. Experience will tell the story.Try to get her to take another one or two.

PS. 1 or 3 feels the same. Since all stings are different, you will only feel the one that is worst in any given area.

20. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

We only did one hand to see what the reaction would be. Today she says it doesn't hurt as bad as her other hand. I know every person is different but how long on average does it last? Now, it's up to her if she wants to do it again.