Homemade Honey Extractor

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by srvfantexasflood, Apr 2, 2009.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I KNOW that this topic has to have been discussed here somewhere. However, I did not find it. Anyone know of any web sites or suggestions on how to build a simple homemade honey extractor? I would be interested in knowing how the old timers extracted honey without the use of high tech fancy schmancy equipment.

My sister and I are looking for a co-op group in our area to share extracting equipment. Has anyone ever heard of this being successfully done before?

I welcome any suggestions.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Are you a member of your local beek club? Most of them have an extractor that they lend out to members. If not, there should be a member who loans his, or extracts for a nominal fee. One club I belong to has all three.
    The club's extractor, two members loan theirs, and one member extracts for 5.00 per super.

3. honeybear

honeybear New Member

4. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Also look for online newsletters from other bee clubs. I got my extractor from a guy in the Finger Lakes region of NY, and even with (rather pricey) shipping, it was a good deal.

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

AND the resale value of a commercial extractor is much better than a home made one.

6. Robo

Robo New Member