Honey infused pecans/Almonds

Discussion in 'Your Favorite Recipes' started by Yankee11, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

Has anyone ever made pecans or almonds infused with Honey. If so, is it just as easy as adding the nuts to a jar of honey?

2. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

I have not, but am wanting too.

3. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I was just reading in this month's issue(October 2013) of the American Bee Journal about a couple that sell a lot of honey, walnuts and cranberries. I have to assume that the cranberries are fresh. I would also assume that they are not combined very far in advance as I think the honey would ferment with the added moisture from the cranberries. The beek said she packs the jar with cranberries and walnuts and then drizzles honey down through the mix until the jar is full. She also does a Red, White and Blue Honey. She adds blueberries to the cranberries and walnuts.
    Another thing she does, and this I want to try, is Lemon Honey. She infuses lemon peel in the honey. It is supposed to candy the lemon peel.

4. MichaelRussell

MichaelRussell New Member

Yeah , i did .

here is my all time favorite recipe .

Ingredients

• 2 cups raw pecans
    • 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Whiskey (can substitute with any whiskey variety)
    • 1/3 cup raw honey
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    Instructions

• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
    • Bring whiskey and honey to a boil. Add pecans and stir to coat. Let simmer for about 5 minutes and then remove from heat and drain liquid.
    • Transfer pecans to the baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes, turning pecans over once halfway through baking time. Let cool to room temperature prior to serving.
    You will definitely love it.