The use of supers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rast, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rast

rast New Member

Seeing as how we are supposed to have some nasty weather coming in tomorrow evening and seeing as how I haven't finished the roof on my motorhome yet. I needed to cover up a living room ceiling exhaust fan that I haven't got the cover on yet. A 5 gal bucket was too small, but a med. hive body with a heavy telescoping cover fit perfect. Getting back and looking at it, it's starting to grow on me. If I screw the cover down and put vents in the sides of the box............

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

maybe if you left it up there it would make an acceptable bait hive? multi functional kind of thingee? maybe for the season add a sign... santa enter here---->.

3. rast

rast New Member

HMMM. I do have reservations at a gulf coast campground in 2 weeks that I know had bees somewhere around it last year. I know, I'm the only one that leaves some honey on the picnic tables to see if there are bees around. Now if I can keep my wife from turning the fan on...........

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

If he reverses the exhaust fan, he could suck them right in! :lol:

5. Charles

Charles New Member

Keep working at it and one day all this can be yours :lol:

[​IMG]

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Charles is that your place and bees?

What a great view you have.

Tell us more about that bee truck.

G3

7. Charles

Charles New Member

Nope, just being sarcastic :lol: No bees around here anymore. Everything went away when we put the house up for sale. That's one of the reasons we were so excited to sell it, planning on a TBH in the back yard but we need to get moved into the new house and get a feel for the neighbors. If it doesn't work out we'll be really close to the mountains so I'll have to go out and make a new friend :)

8. rast

rast New Member

Well, the supers gone and the cover in place :cry: .
    Last year at this campground, I left some honey in a jar lid on the picnic table and had half a dozen bees in it a day later. Why can't one go on vacation and forget about it?

9. G3farms

G3farms New Member

If I am on a job site for a while I like to try and attract a few and mark them with a pint marker to see if they will come back the next day. I think it is pretty neat.

G3