This forum is a ghost town

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeepsBees, Apr 28, 2016.

1. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

Hellooooo out there. Anyone around? I feel like I'm the only one posting & I get little to no reply. Where is everyone? Is there another forum I should be on? I love this app, I just wish more were on it. ImageUploadedByBeekeeping Forum1461884099.852671.jpg

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

3. ibeelearning

ibeelearning Member

The achieves here are fine for knowledge. The internet has gotten to the point where a google search is larger & quicker. You will likely find one or two authorities you will eventually follow repeatedly. But, if you ask a question here, you will get an answer.

kebee's suggestion is good if you want a lot of conversation and community-- though a local club is even better. Most of the gurus who used to be here are on WWBkg.

Many come to a point where once a base level of competence is achieved, we can do with less noise. As for me, I'm troll shy, weary of debate, and too lazy to start over on another board.

4. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

I just expected more interaction & fresh posts :,(

5. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

I'm still greatful for this app though. I Check it everyday for something new :)

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Yes, like ibeelearning says, there is a lot of knowledge in the archives. WWB has a lot of the old timers from here and enjoy more daily interaction. No reason to stick to just one forum. There are good beeks on many forums. I belong to about 6 myself. Join up there and you will see several repeat names. Also, there is a lot more personal interaction on WWB. Lot of chit chat and just having fun to pass the bad weather days.

7. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

Does WWB have an app?

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Not sure what an app is. At 71, I don't have a smart phone. We do have tap-a-talk. I know members do post from their smart phones.

9. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

I can't find WWB

10. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

Disregard. I see the link. Thanks!

11. becsbeehive

becsbeehive New Member

There are several forms and between all of them, there's plenty of new content I think

12. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

When worldwide opened I received an email telling me to go there and everyone immediately abandoned this forum. I have never determined exactly why but I don't like to be told what to do, and it didn't seem like good manners. I have been keeping bees long enough not to have many questions, and the files and historical posts on here are plenty. I visit worldwide now and then, but there is a guy on there I just can't stand so the social value is minimal. I found the people who kicked me when I was down (my bees got EFB) all moved to Worldwide. So did the lady that helped me identify it. Overall it isn't a bad forum. Just not my cup of tea. I don't have long slow days to pass the time on the internet.

I also visit the much-maligned and very informative Beesource, where it is somewhat less than safe to ask a stupid question. (I've asked a few, live and learn), I may have a password on beemaster but I have no idea how to operate it. I also am a member of 2 facebook forums. But overall, I still come here just so someone does I guess. You want to revive it? Instead of just reading, POST. Invite your beekeeping friends and tell them to post.

13. camero7

camero7 Member

I check it regularly and reply to posts that I feel I can contribute to.

14. Gypsi

So do I. If it is going to come back from ghost town status it will take more than you and I contributing. I was contacted by a local guy looking for a mentor that I know reads this forum. Thought I had a stalker when he told me I'd bought Brushy Mountain Medium nucs last winter, he's a lurker on here and doesn't post. I can't make people post. Tis what it is

15. newbeek15

newbeek15 New Member

Not always a lurker ..... Just absorbing as much info as I can. Haha.

16. Gypsi

So Newbeek15, have we met? Maybe?

17. newbeek15

newbeek15 New Member

Yes .. several times. Even did a cut out together a while back.

18. camero7

camero7 Member

So Beeps, how is that TBH of yours doing?

19. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

Ive noticed alot of forums ive been on have taken a dive with activity, I think one issue was password resetting after a big hack, maybe that scared alot of people away from the forums..but I find lots of great info here and questions do get answered...

20. Gypsi

Both my garden and aquarium fish forums, well that I am a member of, not that I own, have also taken a nose dive. Nice to meet you here Newbeek - have another removal for february I think, going to try to trap a couple of swarms off that one first. How is your Tbar Beeps?