Thoughts and Prayers needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Marbees

Marbees New Member

Yes Sir:thumbsup:

2. riverbee

riverbee New Member

best wishes from me too....
    [​IMG]

3. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Update on Ronnie: Surgery today (Monday) and came thru the surgery fine. The doctor said the infection in both places was not as bad as he anticipated (but it was infected). Treated both areas with antibiotics placed inside the wound. Coming home tonight after an hour or so of recovery. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

4. efmesch

efmesch New Member

Every update is appreciated. :thumbsup:
    How are Jo Ann and the kids managing/adjusting to the situation?

5. bamabww

bamabww New Member

They're doing great. His two sons have stepped up and are really helping their mom care for Ronnie. His daughter lives an hours drive away so only visits on weekends. Grandchildren have been lots of help also. We have two more brothers and a sister who live nearby along with our 80 year old dad. Lots of close by support.
    Appreciate your concern very much.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Glad to hear it!! Very good to have caring and helping family close at hand, nothing better than that.

7. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Ronnie got a good report from the doctor today. He inspected the two wounds where he found infection last time and there was no infection present. Doctor said the leg has progressed as he hoped and told Ronnie he could remove the brace while in the bed at night but under no circumstances was he to leave the bed without it. Next visit in 3 weeks. Therapy working with him 3 days a week and working on helping him learn how to get from the bed to a wheelchair. Still maybe 2 more months before he can put any weight on the leg.

He asked me to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. And I appreciate it very much as well.

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

That's what "family" does! :wink:

9. efmesch

efmesch New Member

How's progress with his memory? I hope there are no restrictions on putting weight on it. :wink:
    How are Ronnie's jaws and teeth doing? I'm waiting to hear a report that he ate a steak.
    But we don't ignore the progres he's made. Glad there's no infection left and that soon enough (after all, what's three weeks or two months?) he'll be able to put weight on his leg and start walking. :clap:
    Our prayers continue.

10. bamabww

bamabww New Member

His memory is OK now. he still doesn't remember anything about the accident but know everyone and everything is back as normal there. His dental surgeon has released him to eat anything soft but not to chew anything hard. He can't eat a steak yet but has eaten / chewed some strawberries, peaches and softer fruit.

Still undecided what to do about his broken teeth. The front 5 or 6 are all broken to some degree but surprisingly (to me) not hurting him. His appetite is OK now and his spirit is much better now that the pain has eased off with the removal of the infection. His leg still hurts but is bearable, almost able to ignore it now.

Thanks for asking about him.

11. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Glad to hear he is still progressing back to full health.

12. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Glad to hear about the progress. Prayers continuing. :thumbsup:

13. vermillion

vermillion New Member

I am glad to hear that he is making such a wonderful recovery. Sending continued good wishes and aloha to your family! The body is an amazing thing, it sounds like he is mending remarkably!

14. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

axel continue progression towards good health, congratulate him on getting out of the hospital. continued good luck and best wishes ,and as always our prayers are with him and his family .
    Barry

15. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Update on Ronnie:

Doctor has released him to eat anything he can chew now. He said it still hurts to chew harder food but it's getting better. (No steaks yet!) He has learned how to get from his hospital style bed into a wheel chair and that has helped him considerably. They have rearranged the furniture so he can get to the bathroom and kitchen in his wheelchair and we have it fixed where he can get outside on his porch. I find him sitting out there a lot of the time when I visit.
    His leg still aches but the sharp pain is gone for the most part. He still has trouble sleeping at night and I wonder if he's dozing so much during the day that it's causing the problem. He doesn't think so and the doctors have given him some sleeping pills to try.
    All in all a good report and he's much improved over the past 3 weeks. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

16. riverbee

riverbee New Member

just catching up wayne, thanks for the update......:thumbsup:

btw, i think i'd be sitting on the porch too!

17. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Update on Ronnie from last Friday, 8-31-12: Doctor says everything is on or ahead of schedule. He wants Ronnie to try and put his weight gradually on the hurt leg while supporting himself with a walker. He is supposed to stand and start with his toes and then little by little over the next month, get to where he can put the foot of his hurt leg flat on the floor. Once he can do that just standing still, he will move to crutches. Doctor has determined the repaired leg will be an inch and a half shorter than the other one. I don't understand that because while in the initial surgery the doctors inserted two titanium rods in his leg, one on the upper bone and one on the lower bone to support the bone while it mended back together. There was two inches of the upper leg bone missing and they had to fill in, ever how they do it, with bone from his pelvis bone. Looks like to me that a little measuring would have been done to get the repaired leg stretched to normal length by the correct rod lengths but I'm not a doctor or surgeon but it just looks like that should have / could have been done at that time.

Ronnie and family all doing well and he sends his appreciation and thanks for your prayers and thoughts on his behalf. And I really appreciate it also. Thanks very much.

18. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

He is still in our thoughts. :)

19. Walt B

Walt B New Member

We'll keep him on the prayer list at church. Each Sunday someone in the congregation asks about him. Thanks for the update.

Walt

20. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Ronnie got some bad news today. The dentist told him his jaws had not healed correctly. His bite is not correct and he has had trouble chewing. They are determining the best course of action but either one requires re-breaking the jaws.